Eldar jetbikes speed

DarkGuard

OK then, in the rumours people were talking about Eldar (and Dark Eldar) jetbikes being able to move ridiculous amounts of distance a turn if they turbo boost, thanks to their assault move. However, I'm not quite sure how this works.

Turbo-boost says that bikes and jetbikes that use this cannot shoot, charge or execute any other voluntary action for the rest of the turn.

The Eldar jetbike rules though say that the follow the normal rules, but may always move 2D6" in the assault phase, even if they don't charge and arrive by Deep Strike.

So which one takes precedence, the rules for turbo-boosting, as the Eldar jetbike move is a voluntary action? Or the Eldar jetbike one which says that they can always make the move?

I can see reasons for both sides, although I'm inclined to agree with the former. So what do you guys reckon?

But what makes always override cannot? :lol:

To be honest, if it is the latter that seems very unbalanced, and they've already set Eldar jetbikes apart from others by having them with a larger Turbo boost move.

I think its a matter of 'cannot' being included in the general rule for turboboosting, while 'always' is included in the specific rule for the jetbikes. Specific always overrules general, thats why codex always overrides BRB, and FAQ/Erratta overrides codex.

Archived