Power Spears

OK. Don't have the new book yet, but I need a question answered about this Power Spear thing. I am doing a Greek theme, so I am using a lot of Spears instead of swords/axes/mauls etc. Power Spears were not listed as anything separate in 5th BrB OR the Codex. Are Power Spears now listed as a specific weapon with different stats than, say swords?

Also, since the FAQ says all references to Power Swords in Codex should be changed to be simply Power Weapons - that should mean I can give a Sang Priest in TDA a Power Spear - right.

Yes to both, but watch out, spears are great for BA on the charge, their pretty average the rest of the time and wont go through power armour.

As I posted in the other spear thread, the Eldar character in their basic footslogger unit has a spear modeled. Why couldn't the BA character take a spear? :D

Power weapon is Power weapon is Power weapon!

I have an Vanguard squad modeled with a couple spears in it. I used to use them either as counts as Lightning claws or power fists depending on what I felt like. It was great for model flexibility, I didnt need multiple models or magnets to change my lists up!

Although I do kinda like the new spear rules! Especially if you can get a priest near by for the extra str

gallery_48822_4461_1841587.jpg

I Really do need to finish painting these guys, I built them about 8 months ago!

Archived