How should I field my Death Company?

Looking at the new 6th ed rules I have thought of 2 possible ways to field my DC but I dont know which one to pick.

1: 10 DC w/ 2 infernos pistols, 3 bolt pistols, 5 boltguns, and a power fist, joined by a reclusiarch w/ infernos pistol and melta bombs (all have jump packs)

2: 17 DC w/ 3 infernos pistols, 6 bolt pistols, 8 boltguns, and a power fist, joined by a reclusiarch w/ terminator armor, combi-melta, and melta bombs

They all come out to be the same point wise and I like both options. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

I would go with the first option for 2 reasons:

1. Jump packs are awesome and you could swap Reclusiarch for Lemmie.

2. The second option will be much more expensive if you plan (and I guess you do) to load them in a Land Raider.

Option 1 and remember that you get the hammer hit when you jump into assault and then plough through what you have hit, they dont count as scoring so you can just keep hammering your opponent with them until they are all dead or your opponent is all dead. Remember that there are nos secondary missions and a unit of DC arre pretty likely to complete all 3 pretty easily for 3VP... Kill your opponent HQ, get the first destroyed enemy unit and be in his DZ at the end of the game!

Archived