So the FNP nerf.

Demoulius

Hey guys,

Dreading the changes to FNP which turned out to be correct im somewhat unsure if our SP's are still worth it for their FNP bubble.

Its gone from 4+ to 5+ but now also works against powerweapons and AP1 (if im reading this right) just doesent work against instant death. So all in all its a nerf against small arms fire but a buff against plasma and the like.

Still worth the 50 points for a bare bones priest?

Im conflicted...

I think its been pumped up a bit by only being removed by instant death. Yeah the 5+ is pants but that is in line with the Rp for Necrons. Hopefully when they release a new codex there will be an option to make it a 4+ like the res orb for crons. But hey getting FNP is only a part of it! You dont get +1 initiative for furious charge now either, only the strength bonus! Does that detract even more from SP?

Lots of rule changes to go with the nerfing. No more AP limit, no can't use it for Dangerous Terrain failures, even Perils of the Warp can be counterd. And bikes will get to use it more often now too. I'm going to have to play many games before I really know whats going on. Of course by then the 7th ed will be back to simplifying and speeding up the game again.

Corbulo is the man though with 2+ FNP.

Yea, too bad he doesn't have a jump pack. I'm still having trouble finding him a good niche in a jumper's list.

me too!

I've been considering using him in a Sternguard support shooty unit since they can move 6 inches and shoot 30 inches with one of the special ammo shots. Plus he adds some combat ability, and add in Tycho if you have extra points too.

Or even putting him with a tactical squad that can walk as support fire and then scoring.

I tried Corbs in a walking Assault Squad with free Drop Pod today. It didn't turn out great, though frankly I was pressed for time and didn't have much points to spend left, so it was a bare-bones 5 man squad. I didn't really set him up for success, I admit.

Archived