Death co and duels

Brother Evar

Due to dc not having characters they can still have a hidden fist. So no duels to kill special cc guys. New rage makes bolter dc more inviting. So taking astorath and friends as allies. :(

I'm fairly sure that if you come up against an enemy Character then he/she can still snipe your Powerfist. Is it Precision Strike or something that the rule is called?

Due to dc not having characters they can still have a hidden fist. So no duels to kill special cc guys. New rage makes bolter dc more inviting. So taking astorath and friends as allies. B)

I'm fairly sure that if you come up against an enemy Character then he/she can still snipe your Powerfist. Is it Precision Strike or something that the rule is called?

It is, but does it work for cc or just shooting?

Due to dc not having characters they can still have a hidden fist. So no duels to kill special cc guys. New rage makes bolter dc more inviting. So taking astorath and friends as allies. B)

It is, but does it work for cc or just shooting?

Characters can do both. One is Precision Strike and I THINK the other is Precision Shot.

I'd be very wary of powerfists on non-characters. Very much precision strike bait, and it's more common than you'd think.

Has anyone run the numbers how naked DC do against terminators in equal points? (2 DC to 1 Terminator)?

In a meta that could easily become terminator heavy, I am wary of having no AP2 in a DC squad. Now if the weight of their attacks is equal (or better) that would be eye opening and a different story entirely.

Is Lemartes a character?

Yes he is.

He is an upgraded unit character like Lukas the Trikster.

So he can targeted in a challenge by a enemy HQ? Or even anyone? That would suck bigtime. :)

Snorri

Yes but by whom? Who would dare fight him wounded when he'll have 8 Str8 attacks on the charge with rerolls to hit & to wound at I5? Not many candidates IMHO. :P

I'd be very wary of powerfists on non-characters. Very much precision strike bait, and it's more common than you'd think.

Has anyone run the numbers how naked DC do against terminators in equal points? (2 DC to 1 Terminator)?

In a meta that could easily become terminator heavy, I am wary of having no AP2 in a DC squad. Now if the weight of their attacks is equal (or better) that would be eye opening and a different story entirely.

With +2, it's very charge dependent.

Point for point though, DC generally have the edge through weight of attacks at I4 punching though the save IF you can deliver them.

Well, 2 DC on the charge have 5 attacks each, hitting on 3, wounding on 3 with rerolls on both (assuming a chaplain is present) so that would be 8.8 hits, 7.9 wounds, 1.3 unsaved wounds vs TEQ.

1 Terminator on the charge would have 3 attacks, 2 hits, 1.66 unsaved wounds so still slightly better but if you can manage to get a decent sized (8+) DC squad into assault they will win before the Terminators can strike back.

The numbers for a single Death Company Marine attacking a Terminator with a charge bonus but without a Chaplain are as follows:

Death Company

Attacks: 5

Hits: 3.333

Wounds: 2.222

Saved Wounds: 1.852

Unsaved Wounds: 0.37

Just in case anyone was wondering how effective Death Company would be without a character.

Yes but by whom? Who would dare fight him wounded when he'll have 8 Str8 attacks on the charge with rerolls to hit & to wound at I5? Not many candidates IMHO. ;)

Well, I'd say anyone with a 3+ save would. Not even mentioning Terminators, Meganobz...the list continues.

Altough against orks, Lemmy should do fairly well. I mean, think of unloading his crapton of attacks on a nobz unit with their what, 4+ armour? No wound shenanigans or FnP and instant Death on a failed 5+? Sounds like mopping up Terminators in the old good times. Yeah, eat it, you green scumbags. :)

Snorri

Yes but by whom? Who would dare fight him wounded when he'll have 8 Str8 attacks on the charge with rerolls to hit & to wound at I5? Not many candidates IMHO. ;)

Well, I'd say anyone with a 3+ save would. Not even mentioning Terminators, Meganobz...the list continues.

Wait what? In a challenge? He could Instakill them before they could even have the time to think about it. :)

Wait what? In a challenge? He could Instakill them before they could even have the time to think about it. ;)

That's the problem, I'm afraid. 8 S8 attacks re-rolling to hit and to wound I'd rather like to be unleashed upon the unit, not a sergeant with crappy equipment. It's the same as in WHFB, keeping the good stuff away so the squad has a higher chance to survive. Sure, the 'rest' of DC will vanquish a fair amount, but...ya know...Lemartes is the killing machine here. :)

Snorri

Archived