Dead Man's Hand

Koremu

My take on it: Tycho's Dead Man's Hand is not a Power Weapon, nor does it even count as one. It just ignores armor. Period. It's not an 'unusual power weapon' either because it does not fit that profile; to be one of those it would have to be a power weapon with special rules first. As things stand, it ignores all armor.

I also opened a thread regarding Tycho (and some HQ stuff), and came to the same conclusion myself.

Basically, Captain Tycho punches people with his awesome, and his awesome ignores armor saves since his awesome does not take a physical form...but has tangible results.

(And before anyone says "actually, its his digital weapons that do the killing", read your codex....the digital weapons only give him the re-roll :lol:)

I also opened a thread regarding Tycho (and some HQ stuff), and came to the same conclusion myself.

Basically, Captain Tycho punches people with his awesome, and his awesome ignores armor saves since his awesome does not take a physical form...but has tangible results.

(And before anyone says "actually, its his digital weapons that do the killing", read your codex....the digital weapons only give him the re-roll :lol:)

+1

My take on it: Tycho's Dead Man's Hand is not a Power Weapon, nor does it even count as one. It just ignores armor. Period. It's not an 'unusual power weapon' either because it does not fit that profile; to be one of those it would have to be a power weapon with special rules first. As things stand, it ignores all armor.
There is pretty much zero justification for Dead Man's Hand being AP3.

+1

There is pretty much zero justification for Dead Man's Hand being AP3.

The justification came from early reports purporting that weapons that "ignored armour saves" that were not PWs were calssed as AP3. So far no one has found this in the rule book though- so looks good.

It looks like we are being herded back to using Astorath and Tycho with Death Company Lemartes was a god before 6ht Ed he now has a nerfed maul that scares no-one. I had a real attachment to Lemmy.

I am not unhappy I would proabably take Tycho sane he is the most badass captain in the game but I run jumpers so its going to have to be Astorath for now. Its pretty sad I will get over it though.

Dead Man's Hand. I think that's the Three Stooges eye poke stright through the visor and hence it ignores armour. The digiweapon gives a re-roll because everyone has two eyes.

I cringed at the thought of 2 power armoured fingers gouging someone's eyes out

Its already been FAQd that the Dead Mans hand isnt a weapon.

Therefore it certainly isnt a power weapon

Well, it's been FAQ'd that it isn't an additional close combat weapon. That's for the people who would claim he gets a bonus attack for having 2 ccws (even though his other weapon is a combi-melta :/)

Well, it's been FAQ'd that it isn't an additional close combat weapon. That's for the people who would claim he gets a bonus attack for having 2 ccws (even though his other weapon is a combi-melta :/)

He also has a bolt pistol. If the Dead Mans hand was a close combat weapon, Tycho would get the +1 attack.

He also has a bolt pistol. If the Dead Mans hand was a close combat weapon, Tycho would get the +1 attack.

Exactly

Either its a two handed weapon, or it is not a weapon.

Since theres no evidence at all for it to be a two handed....

Well I never noticed that before.

Well, not necessarily. A Thunderhammer is a close combat weapon but you need 2 to get the +1 attack. But i also believe from the wording in the codex, that the DMH is no CCW.

Well, not necessarily. A Thunderhammer is a close combat weapon but you need 2 to get the +1 attack. But i also believe from the wording in the codex, that the DMH is no CCW.

Well, there is a special rule to prefent hammers from gettin gthe +1 attack. That rule does not appear in DMH (of course, it may have had DMH been a weapon)

Basically, Captain Tycho punches people with his Chuck Norris, and his Chuck Norris ignores armor saves since his Chuck Norris does not take a physical form...but has tangible results.

(And before anyone says "actually, its his digital weapons that do the killing", read your codex....the digital weapons only give him the re-roll ;))

Had to do that little edit

Well I guess at least the BA Codex has one usable Captain then ;)

Captains are now better than Reclusiarchs now, if the rules on challenges read anything like I think they do. In other news, Vet Sergeants can no longer safely carry PFs anymore, because Captains get Power Swords.

Archived