Stormraven for C:SM?

I haven't been able to have a long look at the new rulebook (local store has a long waiting list :rolleyes:) but i flicked through the shops book and noticed in the reference section that the Stormraven was located in the Space Marine Vehicles section, rather than the Blood Angels/Grey Knights section. Does that mean it is now open to for use by other chapters?

That would be my answer, you don't have the entry in the Codex to use.

That being said, some stores, like my own, allow it to be used in different Codices, so check with your gaming group.

You can still take it as an ally, though. It's what I'm going to do for my Space Wolves. Take a Stormraven with Death Company fun inside, and have it be a nice, big assault unit. Or, given the prevalence of Psykers, you can take a Grey Knight Stormraven and get Mindstrikes.

The implication, as I am reading it, from that table is that everything listed under SM vehicles is, or will be, available to ALL SM armies ... Some have read into it not being listed under BA or GK that it is a typo, but those only list unique units to that AL (such as the Baal Pred) not all units ...

Actually guys lets look at this in context: Whirlwinds are also in that section, but do BT get them? Nope.

That section of vehicles- and indeed also tactical marines, assault marines, etc- are all units that multiple codices have in common. So since both the C:GK and C:BA have the stormraven its in that list.

Theres no implication it will be shared to the other books than there is an implication that Grey Knights will get tactical marines.

Actually guys lets look at this in context: Whirlwinds are also in that section, but do BT get them? Nope.

That section of vehicles- and indeed also tactical marines, assault marines, etc- are all units that multiple codices have in common. So since both the C:GK and C:BA have the stormraven its in that list.

Theres no implication it will be shared to the other books than there is an implication that Grey Knights will get tactical marines.

GK don't have their own entry in the BRB ? IIRC they did back the 5th.

Please excuse my ignorance, since I haven't seen the book yet.

C:GK have their own listing, but it doesn't include vehicles like Rhinos, Land Raiders and the Storm Raven, which are all in the C:SM one, hence the confusion that started this thread.

Well that's the thing, there seem to be two interpretations of the SR being located in that section. Is it there because it is common to BA and GK, or because they're going to be available to C:SM. I guess we'll have to wait for another FAQ or a codex update. Until then, i think it's wise i keep my SR unopened...

On the point of allies, sure i can, but i haven't really read the rules just yet and i'm not sure if it means i'll need to include things like an HQ or troops or whatever...

On the point of allies, sure i can, but i haven't really read the rules just yet and i'm not sure if it means i'll need to include things like an HQ or troops or whatever...

Any allied detachment must have 1 HQ + 1 Troop.

Yeah, from the look of it, it gets included in the Space marine section if it's shared by two or more chapters. It seems to be for the sake of brevity so they don't have to duplicate entries. I wouldn't be surprised if it DOES get thrown over to the vanilla dex, but the rulebook doesn't allow it yet.

Archived