Freakiq's Alpha Legion log

Freakiq

Loving the scales Freakiq as well as the overall colour pallete you've gone for. A great cameo of the Terminator Lord's helmet too. Looking forward to seeing where you go next with this project as I've a soft spot for the sons of the Hydra.

Quick question though; where's the cloak on the mini on the left from? Is it from the Dark Elf Corsairs kit or somewhere else?

cheers

James

Loving the scales Freakiq as well as the overall colour pallete you've gone for. A great cameo of the Terminator Lord's helmet too. Looking forward to seeing where you go next with this project as I've a soft spot for the sons of the Hydra.

Quick question though; where's the cloak on the mini on the left from? Is it from the Dark Elf Corsairs kit or somewhere else?

cheers

James

Thanks for the comments, that is indeed Dark Elf Corsair cloak.

The reason I gave the Champion the Chaos Lord's helmet is because I'll be giving all my Characters and unit leaders different helmets with T-shaped visors.

Dude love the paint scheme you got going there!!! I echo Mr.Malevolent's comments :). How many layers did you put on? Whats on your 'to do' list? I shall be following this thread with great interest!

Two layers of Stegadon Scale Green, one belended layer of Kabalite Green where the light would fall and an edge highlight of sybarite green.

These will be given a Guilliman Blue glaze to smooth out the blending and tint them slightly more blue.

On my painting table is another 13 Chaos Marines with a Rhino, 5 Havocs, a Predator, Sorcerer and Daemon Prince.

• 3 months later...

Decided to rework my color scheme after seeing that it didn't "pop" on the battlefield like I wanted it to.

Switched out Sybarite green for Moot green and brightened the bone parts a bit.

Will probably switch the plasma color to something more contrasting though.

gallery_14033_7442_54677.jpg

Now that the new codex is out and im happy with the scheme I can finally start assembling and painting the rest of my force.

Already started working on a Huron Blackheart counts-as.

Archived