Librarian Dreadnoughts

I don't know, dreads have 3 hps, which is avg for all vehicles, but i would try to give it a cover save with a psych power from ranged attacks, esp against necrons, because if you try to steam roll a heavy warrior list, you will fail utterly, because glances take away hull points, and gauss weapons auto glance on sixes.

They're an interesting question...

On the one hand they are psykers so we can potentially have 5 casters on the field with some fantastic spells. On the other hand they have 3 hull points which will be very easy to knock off.

I would like to use mine but I'm not sure he will stay alive long enough to do nasty things to the enemy. Unless I stuff him in a Storm Raven, of course.

There is of course the question of what his Force Weapon is...

Dont you just love it when FAQ's address all the obvious questions! :D (seriously tho 20mins with the codex designer and you could have polished off a list of all the weapon profiles!)

Libby dreads themselves...... I suppose they have a new optional configuration now as armoured buff beacons, instead of using wings to get stuck in. If you have a fair bit of armour they might be pretty worthwhile as you can keep them back a bit & rely on the fact that poping armour is often going to be more of a proscess of attrition. Foot libby in a squad still strikes me as the better option tho, libby dreads are good largely because they are dreads that can fly, giving that up turning them into a more expensive and easier to isolate buff pylon than a normal libby seems less than optimal...

I think the model resembles a halberd, and therefore, a force axe maybe? Giving our dread strength 7 but unwieldy (which is ignored as he is a Walker).

It sure isn't an Unusual Force Weapon as it has no rules at all and is simply called a Force Weapon in the book.

@Chairman_woo, Do I need sarcasm mode on for your post or am I blind and cannot see any reference to the Libby Dread's force weapon in the FAQ?

@Chairman_woo, Do I need sarcasm mode on for your post or am I blind and cannot see any reference to the Libby Dread's force weapon in the FAQ?

Very much sarcasm mode my friend :angry:. I was (apparently rather foolishly) expecting a list of what all/atleast most the contentious CC weapons would count as in the FAQ, this is what a sane individual with 30 or so mins to spare would have done :tu:. Hell just sit matt ward down for an afternoon to clarify his codexes, he can't be that busy and no one is going to know both his codexes and the new rules better tham him! But I'm getting dangerously off topic now so I better leave that, save to say the status of a libby dread force weapon appears clear as mud.

I'd probably just go with ap3 unusual force weapon untill something says otherwize, you still have the fist for s10 ap2 doom if you want it...

Hmmm I am still reeling from the nerf on my chaplain Lemartes taking his AP2 awesome away I need something to cheer me up. A Libbie Dread might just do it, put in storm raven and send at enemy with death company and corbelo. Corb's re-roll power will help protect the libbie from almost anything..... only once ....... but that might be enough.

Archived