Faster Tanks

Zedrenael

Yessir.

In addition we can also shoot more weapons than before- with 2 main weapons at 12" and the rest snap shot.

It makes las/plas razors quite attractive.

My Baals are so seeing the table together again. Damn, that's 2 TL assault cannons, 2 hvy bolters and 2 hvy bolters at BS1, right? Damn...just...damn. Talk about a lot of dakka.

Snorri

Yessir.

In addition we can also shoot more weapons than before- with 2 main weapons at 12" and the rest snap shot.

It makes las/plas razors quite attractive.

I myself was thinking AutoLas Predators... :)

Scout moves now are a 6" redeployment with some extra restrictions (possibly you have to stay in your deployment zone?)

Really? That s a big nerf then. Can we fire one weapon ( flame storm cannon) at 18"?

Scout moves now are a 6" redeployment with some extra restrictions (possibly you have to stay in your deployment zone?)

Really? That s a big nerf then. Can we fire one weapon ( flame storm cannon) at 18"?

Sadly not. Flat out moves are made in lieu of shooting. ;)

Also, you can't tankshock/ram more than the 12 inches for movement in the movement phase. You can't tankshock/ram if any unit disembarked/embarked that turn from the transport. You can't shoot if you tankshock/ram. If you go flat out, you can't pop smoke.

It seems tanks are going to have to sit back and lob shots at the enemy, getting 25% cover when they can, it keeps them out of assault range. It messes with my playstyle because I ran my two baals and vindicator as an armored wedge that my 3 jumpers and 3 razors stayed behind for coversaves as they moved across the board, and then the jumpers leap over to engage in close combat while the tanks softened tough targets or tankshocked knots of infantry I didn't want to engage.

You can no longer tankshock a spread-out enemy unit to bunch them up in a line, then hop out and flame them to rack up hits.

Fast doesn't help with ramming like it used to, and we can't haul butt across the table and pop smoke. We can't even scout with baals and pop smoke either.

The extra movement for fast is nice, but our real benefit is the extra shot at 12. The razorbacks benefit from the fast rules the most, firing both the lascannon and plasmagun. Also, the plasmagun can reroll the gets hot! which lessens the chance of a glancing hit from gets hot!

My Baals are so seeing the table together again. Damn, that's 2 TL assault cannons, 2 hvy bolters and 2 hvy bolters at BS1, right? Damn...just...damn. Talk about a lot of dakka.

My old Chaosite 2Las HB pred would also be able to make a comeback under this; shame its so heavily converted. Shoot the lascannons, snap the HBs.

Although with the whole thing about not popping smoke, I'd just as soon use the extra movement to scoot from cover to cover, and then pull up alongside something expensive and unload the Flamestorm and a HF sponson. That's how I was planning on using Baals anyway, for high-speed burninations kinda like how the Dark Eldar can pull drive-by shootings from their Raiders.

Archived