Techmarines

Koremu

Yeah...sadly ven dreads really did get the short end of the stick. I wonder if they'll correct that that with the new codices cause right now they're very pricey for what you get.

I'm going to ask my group to allow the Venerable rule to transmute to It Will Not Die until the next C:SM comes out. After all, the original name of that rule was Hard to Kill, and preventing death by hull points on an AV 12 chassis seems to fit the bill.

I'm going to ask my group to allow the Venerable rule to transmute to It Will Not Die until the next C:SM comes out.

If you mean "Codex: Space Marines" like I think you do...that could be a rather long wait. @_@

While Hull Points do delimit how long your Ven Dread can weather sustained fire, it's not as bad as it seems. His ability still buys you time to bring in interference/reinforcements while he "tanks" whatever's shooting him for a turn. (Unless he takes three glances, of course.)

Buggerations, I forgot about that. Seems wrong to give a Techmarine a sword (issues of hacking up my beloved model aside), as long as it's written on the army list normally it shouldn't be an issue. I'll have to see if I can magnetise his arm without damaging the paint too much but that will give me the option of a power maul too.

This doesn't bode well: The Techmarine in the Space Marine list in the Appendix does not have "(ch)" listed next to him. This implies that the next Space Marine Codex the Techmarine will lose his IC status. Once again, the Iron Hands get screwed in terms of rules. :)

I wouldnt get nervous about it yet. The entries in the back of those book under "Space Marines" are not Vanilla marine specific, but cover all shared units (the stormraven being an example of that). Since the BloodAngels techmarine isn't an IC, they can't list it as such in the entry. However, C:SM does grant it IC status. Remember that codex overrides the rulebook, so it's something they can do on a case by case basis.

I'd wager it's just an anomaly of how they're doing the summaries.

The other possibility is that they are actually going to group ALL marines together as a consolidated force with chapter specific supplements...but that's such a massive change (although potentially good one) that i'd give that a lower likelihood.

Indeed, if I remember right didn't the 5th book have some amusing errors in it's stat lists? I wouldn't read too much into it anyway, that and we're probably not due an update for a while yet.

You say that but we all know how much GW love marines, since 3rd the first codex each edition has been codex space marines. (and I'm pretty sure 2nd it was ultramarines) and its been almost 4 years, longer than 4th to 5th and 2nd to 3rd. We may not need one but I'd be surprised if its over a year away, and wouldn't be surprised if all the dark angel hype ends with them being merged back into C:SM

Back on topic, I've ran MotF and techmarines in 5th to some success, I quite like one in sternguard can repair transport or detach to help a nearby vehicle and with overwatch the flamer/plasma could be handy. Just a shame our techmarines aren't as tooled up as grey knights, if we could get psychotroke grenades I would take 3 lol

• 2 weeks later...
Here is another possible use for the Techmarine: As an inexpensive IC, he can join units - thus providing an additional character that can decline a challenge if necessary and allowing the beefed up Sergeant to participate in the melee without getting squashed in single combat.

Archived