Why are Blood Angels chaplains Elites?

Julgolax

Do you guys know why Blood Angel Chaplains are classified as Elite choices rather than HQ choices? What do you guys think they SHOULD be considering what they do?

I once thought that the lore behind a Chaplain would make him a better Squad Upgrade in addition to a Sergeant rather than a single choice all his own but nonetheless, I still dont get why they are shown in 2 different spots. I believe the Dark Angels also have Chaplains in the HQ classification rather than Elites.

Do you guys know why Blood Angel Chaplains are classified as Elite choices rather than HQ choices? What do you guys think they SHOULD be considering what they do?

I once thought that the lore behind a Chaplain would make him a better Squad Upgrade in addition to a Sergeant rather than a single choice all his own but nonetheless, I still dont get why they are shown in 2 different spots. I believe the Dark Angels also have Chaplains in the HQ classification rather than Elites.

Isn't it something to do with the Blood Angels having a higher number of Chaplains due to Red Thirst/Black Rage issues?

yes techincally our sanguary priests are our chaplins as they do in our chapter what chaplins do in others. but we have more chaplins than others and we have reclusiarchs in the hq section which are higher up the command chain than chaplins(which is how it should be) our high chaplins have more power in our chapter than they do in other chapters( some story about our chaptermaster falling to the blackrage once and eversince the sanguary high priest and high chaplin are like second in command when hes not around....

^Coincidence? ... I think not!

Fluff wise, I think the chance of the Black Rage taking battle brothers as war progresses is why they have to keep a close eye on the flock (of blood thirsty superhumans). Hence the need for more shepards.

I also get the feeling that having to keep a closer eye on the individual battle-brothers in this way leaves less Chaplains free to look at the bigger picture of command and other "HQ" duties. They're too distracted paying closer attention to a particular squad than other chapters' Chaplains need to.

Archived