Vanilla Marines + Grey Knight Allies

Viperion

First thought on allies:

Do you guys think it would be worth taking a cheap GK HQ (I'm thinking Xenos Inquisitor) and a 5-strong unit of GK Termies as troops? With the power weapon "AP3" deal, having some 2+ Armour troops seems like a good idea.

I'm awfully tempted by Inquisitor Valeria too - a 4++ would be handy to have in a unit like that (obv thinking of putting her with the GKT's)

Thoughts?

It wouldn't be a bad shout, although bear in mind that if you want to take down 2+ armour yourself you'll need another unit.

I'd also maybe consider a Libby if you had the points, just because they're standard ML2 and you can give them a lot of powers to swap out for in the disciplines.

And lets not forget that those who take Rifleman Dreads could replace them for 10pts with a psyfleman Dread, which is pretty cool.

Yes, but keep in mind that - once the GK are done with you - they will mind-wipe your entire chapter. It's not pleasant, even though they're "polite and careful" about it with marines (out of respect).

Yes, but keep in mind that - once the GK are done with you - they will mind-wipe your entire chapter. It's not pleasant, even though they're "polite and careful" about it with marines (out of respect).
:D Lucky there's so many Xenos to purge then ;)

On a related note; how in the Emperor's name do GK's get a 25 point HQ with 3 wounds?!!!?! Ahem :)

:D Lucky there's so many Xenos to purge then ;)

On a related note; how in the Emperor's name do GK's get a 25 point HQ with 3 wounds?!!!?! Ahem :)

I recommend against questioning the Inquisitor's position.

I also recommend buying him some wargear so he's not just an easy victory point. <3

I also recommend buying him some wargear so he's not just an easy victory point. <3
Oh definitely :) The Ordo Xenos Inquisitors get cool playthings too... soo many shiny toys ;)

Archived