Weaknesses and strengths

Sviar

Hello fellow Angels

I am facing Necrons and I wonder what to bring to the table? At first I was thinking of a DW since 6:th edition favors TH/SS termis. I was also thinking that a Whirlwind would be usefull. However I have not read their new Codex, so I do not know what I am facing. But the Necrons player is looking a little too satisfied when he annihilates army after army. Do you have any recommendations what to bring ,and how I get that Monolith out of my way.

Regards Sviar

Power maul, power maul, power maul! ;)

Oh, and ignore the Monolith and just kill everything else. If you really just have the wild hare to deal with the Monolith then go after it with anything Strength 8+, as a Monolith can be glanced to death just like anything else can be.

Loads of AV 13 skimmers and nasty flyers.

Several different good builds.

So figure out how you are going to knock down the AV13 APCs or you will lose. You need things that can move and kill tough targets.

New hull points means tanks will die fast.

Get into HtH combat ASAP!

DO NOT GET INTO A GUNFIGHT with a necron.

Just an example: this heavy support platform of whatever...it delivers 6 tesla shots, right? It forced 8 WOUNDS on me...

If he takes scarab swarms, throw a unit into it at a time...it will probably not run you over but they will bow you down.

Good luck on the game and let us know how it goes!

Foot deathwing with all hammers and cyclone missiles. Walk forward glancing his transports to death and assault the contents inside. If it's a killpoints game then just sit as far back into your deployment as possible and rain missiles on his head.

Thank you all for the advices.

I just ordered an Attack bike wich I should equip with MM. I will figure out how I can incorporate your words of wisdom into my list.

Archived