Is it worth converting Belial?

Title says it all really, I've got a spare Draigo body on my hobby table (only good thing about finecast is the amount of replacements you get ;) ) but wondering if it would be better to hold off for a few months in hope that if we get a new codex that Belial will get a official fig? Any advice would be appreciated ;)

Cheers,

Brother Tancred

just depends if you want a custom model really. bilial has 3 different ways he comes atm. I'd guess that the model they are going to put out will be sword/SB.

so it just depends on what you want on your model really.

If it means no Belial model to play with until the new DA Codex comes out (and who knows when that will be?), go for it! Convert him. Even if they make an "official" model for him later, you can use your conversion as a Sergeant or something.

An interesting rumor floating around is that the new starter set has five Deathwing Terminators. They could have some conversion potential...

Even if they make an "official" model for him later, you can use your conversion as a Sergeant or something.

This. I'm using the "official" metal termie captain (power sword and storm bolter) as a sergeant right now, all that really matters is that the weapons are WYSIWYG. So a belial with any of the three weapons options can be a sergeant later, and two versions can be "any old deathwing termie."

Really we have nothing solid on exactly what Belial will have access to in a new Codex. If you want to play with him now, then make/use a model for him. If the new one does come out and you really want it, you can always get it, and as people have said, just use your conversions for sergeants.

I wouldn't necessarily go hog-wild on the conversion with bits and cost though...

Converting your own Belial is a necessary step on the road to induction into the 1st Company. Every Deathwing player should do it. ;) Seriously though, the fact that all Deathwing armies are lead by different takes and ideas of Belial is really cool. I love looking through the Belial conversions thread, as there's so many cool takes on him.

So even if we do get a new model for him, your model will still be all yours and unique.

It is an interesting idea to use him as a sergeant later.

I wouldn't necessarily go hog-wild on the conversion with bits and cost though...

I've already got all the components ready so no extra expense :) , I just need to commit knife and glue to model :P here is a quick ruff build:

http://i363.photobucket.com/albums/oo73/CallumM27/DSCN0510.jpg

It is an interesting idea to use him as a sergeant later.

I've already got all the components ready so no extra expense :D , I just need to commit knife and glue to model :P here is a quick ruff build:

Looks pretty good. I'd probably take a LOT of the GK stuff off him though. Otherwise he just looks like a white GK

My Belial Conversion was one of the most fulfilling that I had ever done. It's seriously an awesome thing, especially since he's on the table every game!!

Because of my Belial Conversion, I did a Custom Interrogator Chaplain and a Custom Librarian in Terminator Armor. I would suggest it to anyone and everyone that has a love for modeling. It's wonderful!

Paul

I enjoyed converting mine (a good old Lysanderlial). I'm giving him a once-over again right now since I did a few other random conversion on him last time when I was using the SW codex to run Deathwing before I took a break from 5th (turned him in to Logsanderlial). Now I am converting him in to a proper TH/SS version who will stay as is. My next Belial will be a ground-up conversion but I will be waiting for the next Dark Angels codex before trying it. My secret wish is that the Dark Angels codex brings a generic terminator captain release along with it to make more varied conversion possible.

If not then I think I'll be doing a Huron-based one next (too bad those awesome lion/wing shoulders aren't separate pieces). Even if Belial gets his own model later on the personalization on each one has been one of the more enjoyable legacies of the last codex (possibly even the only one :P ).

I hope they never come out with an official Belial figure. I crafted that guy with love and care (and magnets and green stuff) over the space of months, and he's got more wasta than any of my other DA HQs. He's my obligatory HQs choice whenever I field any of my DA, which means he still leads the Third Company a lot.

Completely concur with Pbenner's and Brother-Captain Sharp's takes on converting B. The fact that no two are alike, and the fact that he's a DIY investment in care, is what sets Belial apart from every other named character in the game. If GW did come out with an official Belial mini, I could see myself converting it into something else.

Here is my Belial for my Angels of Absolution from way back in the day.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v160/SolarinStudio/Warhammer%2040k/Space%20Marines/Angels%20of%20Absolution/ZarphaelinTermiArmorII.jpg

Converting your own version of iconic characters is a great way to be unique on the tabletop. ;)

Very Respectfully,

--Unforgiven

Archived