Reparation (HEAVY SPOILERS!)

Phoebus

He is said to be the a judge of those who die.

Thats quite poignant given Ramiel's role in the story as

Ecanus' judge, jury and executioner.

Well,

he was definately Ecanus' executioner, but whether he was judge and jury? not sure. In fact there is no interrogation taking place, not attempt to make Ecanus repent (like Asmodai did in the 2nd Ed. story or as Boreas did with Astelan). To me it appeared that the judgement on Ecanus was already passed and Ramiel was executing a decision taken previously. Now whether he was the one that took the decision (making him judge and jury after all) or the decision was taken by some other body or individual is unclear. It is evident that Ramiel was "planted" in the DE arena to execute his ultimate mission - to assasinate Ecanus, not to judge him or to attempt to make him repent. How he was put there and how did he or the DAs in general knew that Ecanus was also a prisoner is also unclear. I beleive there is a prequel to the story, a audio story that is predominantly about SWs which I have yet to listen to. If you guys have listened to it already let us know...

He is said to be the a judge of those who die.

Thats quite poignant given Ramiel's role in the story as

Ecanus' judge, jury and executioner.

Well,

he was definately Ecanus' executioner, but whether he was judge and jury? not sure. In fact there is no interrogation taking place, not attempt to make Ecanus repent (like Asmodai did in the 2nd Ed. story or as Boreas did with Astelan). To me it appeared that the judgement on Ecanus was already passed and Ramiel was executing a decision taken previously. Now whether he was the one that took the decision (making him judge and jury after all) or the decision was taken by some other body or individual is unclear. It is evident that Ramiel was "planted" in the DE arena to execute his ultimate mission - to assasinate Ecanus, not to judge him or to attempt to make him repent. How he was put there and how did he or the DAs in general knew that Ecanus was also a prisoner is also unclear. I beleive there is a prequel to the story, a audio story that is predominantly about SWs which I have yet to listen to. If you guys have listened to it already let us know...

Well i havent read it either but i can (rather safely?) assume that interrogating amidst the dark eldar and other prisoners would be possible, hence better to relieve him of his sins without danger for the chapter.

As far as planting agents in midst of the dark eldar, even suicidal ones, speaks volumes of our reach. Not the least been our intelligence network INSIDE the DE cabals...

Archived