Imperial Guard Allies?

Joasht

I've been doing a little bit of thinking; its easy to shove in some of our allies since, well, most of them are Space Marines. However, the Imperial Guard option got me thinking. They are Battle Brothers, which to me translates into cheap, scoring Troops.

I haven't quite studied their codex yet, but I'm wondering about what you guys thought about IG allies, and what would you take. I personally see some value in some cheap troops to hold ground (probably with heavy weapons), but while certain options are certainly juicy (Sly Marbo, Leman Russes, Vendettas, etc) I can't help but feel they don't "mesh" too well with the BA's usual modus operandi. Perhaps they'd be better in a Codex Space Marine shooty army, because I don't entirely like my Battlecannons scattering into my own men.

What are your thoughts on IG allies?

Thanks!

Don't take Sly Marbo, he's not worth it.

Veteran squads in Chimeras with 3 special weapons each (flamers preferably) and Carapace Armour. Add in a Lord Commissar or Primaris Psyker as your H.Q choice and what you have is relatively cheap troops that shoot like Space Marines, are fairly durable and are brutal in Overwatch. They're also mobile and the H.Q choices add in either more combat power or access to the awesome Psychic Disciplines.

I can't wait to get some punisher cannons to lay down some much needed anti-hoard fire power. I'd also like to model so Baal locals for some awesome looking raggedy man road warrior Esq. theme units. I'm thinking a dark gray base with red accents for the main force. I could also got some Tau in that colour. I'm not sure though if in game I'll need them or if they'll be the best options, but they sure as hell will look nice.

I can't wait to get some punisher cannons to lay down some much needed anti-hoard fire power. I'd also like to model so Baal locals for some awesome looking raggedy man road warrior Esq. theme units. I'm thinking a dark gray base with red accents for the main force. I could also got some Tau in that colour. I'm not sure though if in game I'll need them or if they'll be the best options, but they sure as hell will look nice.

The Exterminator and Eradicator are both cheaper options and offer their own advantages. The Exterminator offers decent anti-hoard firepower and offers opportunities against medium armoured vehicles. The Eradicator's main gun ignores all cover saves and has a large blast marker. With the prevalence of psychic powers offering cover saves in 6th, the Eradicator is going to rock.

As per the forum notification here:

Allies and the B&C

B&C is still a power armour board and discussion of allies is limited to relation to your list posted in the list building threads.

Not for general discussion in the thread.

Melta time.

(Ps: feel free to open up a list thread with what you are thinking of/suggest and take it from there)

gallery_26_548_17134.jpg

Archived