this starts off being necrony but i do get back to GK

henrywalker

So i was just reading the necron codex looking at anykr the traveler. he has a special rule called mind in the machine which says that at the start of your shooting phase choose an enemy vehicle within 18" roll a d6, on a 3+ you get to shoot a weapon on the vehicle.

now lets imagine that i have a GK army with a necron ally detachment. (ie allies of convenience so they are enemies i cant hurt) lets imagine i have a vehicle with a nice big gun that i want to shoot lots, can i potentially fire it with anykr's rule and then fire it as normal?

BRB:

"units in your army treat allies of convenience as enemy units that cannot be charge shot, targeted with psychic powers or have templates or blast markers placed over them."

as far as i can see this is not a psychic power and it effects enemy units

id still say no, whether its a psychic ability or a shooting ability, all those things are covered in the rule you quoted.

treated as enemies is different to being enemies.

they are infact your allies.

tbh i knew it wouldnt be long before the allies rule opened up to abuse :D

Youre an ally, not an enemy. Close enough to be friendly, not close enough to be best friends.

If its your enemies, then you need to let your opponent control it the rest of the game.

Why would you want to though, since you could just fire it anyway in your turn? I suppose it's an attempt to claim you are allowed to fire twice?

Anyway, you cannot target your allies for friendly fire therefore a weapon or ability which targets your enemies cannot target your allies, even if your allies hate you.

This is super cut and dry. Read the Allied rules more carefully. You treat your "Allies of Convenience" as enemy models which you cannot shoot, charge, or target with powers or abilities. Thus the answer is no.

For th record, they do permit us to answer specifically Necron questions on the Official Rules board...and the general Tactica board. :( But no where else.

This is super cut and dry. Read the Allied rules more carefully. You treat your "Allies of Convenience" as enemy models which you cannot shoot, charge, or target with powers or abilities. Thus the answer is no.

ah but it becomes less cut and dried as the word abilities is not in there. the rule says the ally cant be: "charged, shot, targeted with psychic powers or have templates or blast markers placed over them. nothing about abilities or war gear

Archived