Onyxius's Black Legion army blog

Greeting brothers of chaos, so I see you have come here to watch my progress on the Black Legion.

Well I am a long time poster and wargamer and I have finally heard the calls of the Chaos Gods once again, now Abaddon has me tied up in his cellar and wants me to create a new Warband for him. So to cut to the chase, I am using the "Doghouse pattern Gothic marines" that Raz had used for his Word Bearers. So I have been fiddeling around on how I should start this new Warband and I have decided with a basic Chaos Space Marine squad, Abaddon the Despoiler conversion will come next or sometime in the near future. So without further ado, I present ASpiring Champion Nemeroth and his squad:

Champion Nemeroth with his Bolter and powerfist:

gallery_65457_7457_1469362.jpg

and his squad:

gallery_65457_7457_1404007.jpg

gallery_65457_7457_1742677.jpg

So this guy is my favorite, mainly because of the pose, but he is also plasma gunner:

gallery_65457_7457_2087930.jpg

C&C would be appreciated, cause its always good to see people post on a thread.anyways hope you enjoy, ceers mates

They're looking awesome! I'm a great fan of the WHFB Chaos warrior bits, and you're doing a great job throwing them in. ;)

Would you mind to upload a few rear shots of the guys, and maybe drop a few lines how you've done them. I'm having a difficult time to figure out how to use the Chaos warrior bodies for Chaos Marines, and I'd greatly appreciate any advice you could give?

Cheers, JT

So here is the tutorial that I use, if there is any confusion then let me know.

Step 1: Make a sausage out of green stuff, should be realtively small for the boot.

gallery_65457_7459_1160640.jpg

Step 2: Apply it the boot, as seen in picture

gallery_65457_7459_2926863.jpg

gallery_65457_7459_1528966.jpg

gallery_65457_7459_69952.jpg

Step 3: make another sausage, except this time, flatten it out, it should a little thick, so it looks like armour. But before applying cut away the top part of the boot were the ankle is.

first sausage:

gallery_65457_7459_983842.jpg

then apply it to the ankle:

gallery_65457_7459_618363.jpg

Step 4: To add the top part of the Space Marine, what I do is, make a small ball of green stuff ands tick it to the bottom of the Space Marine torso, and then apply it to the top of the Chaos Warrior leg bitz

so I hope this helps, if not then you can always go to google and type in "Doghouse pattern Truescale Marines", that's were I learned it, but I did slacken some parts off, because it did look comical when I followed the entire step by step tutorial

Wow, that's rather involved. I didn't pick there's so much chopping and green-stuffing to do. But then that's why I never figured it out. Thanks very much for your effort, Onyxius, I really appreciate. I might finally get to get my hands on these WHFB warrior legs I've got. (Although I'll doubt my green stuff skills are sufficient to do anything comparable to what you've linked.)

I'll follow your guys, you're doing a great job. I love the Champion and particularly the plasma gunner! :P

Cheers, JT

Archived