Cambrius' E Tenebrae Lux

Well finally getting my adamantium backside into gear, it's time I started my E Tenebrae Lux vow for the honour of the LIBER ASTARTES sub forum. Thus here lieth the vow I made:

“I Brother Cambrius answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete 1 Tactical Squad and Drop Pod from Codex: Space Marines of total value 225 points on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to LIBER ASTARTES and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

So first of all, here is the Tactical Squad I have vowed to paint, which is a hybrid of AOBR models and some others, some I've already added a few dabs of paint on, whilst some have simply just had the basecoat sprayed on. In there you'll find a Flamer marine, a Heavy Bolter and a Sergeant wielding a power axe and bolt pistol:

gallery_26154_4148_59644.jpg

And next is my Drop Pod, which has been given a Deathwind Missile Launcher and has been basecoated ready to paint. I've not glued the top and bottom parts of the Drop Pod's structure together so it's easier to paint in interior and such. Hard to think I bought this model at Games Day 2008 and only now is it being used after I found it and worked out how to put the rest of him together. :lol:

gallery_26154_4148_117803.jpg

And that is all for the moment, I'll update soon with progress on the painting of my Tac Squad and the Drop Pod, depending on which I start on this evening and over the week before I disappear all of next week for Graudation and attending a unqiue Paintball event here in deepest darkest Wales. :P

Cambrius

Good start Brother.

What is the name of your chapter? Are these the Sons of Doom or the Vanquishers? I will update the e tenebrae lux support log over in the Index Astartes section so your marines can be listed with full honours with the other Chapters (rather than un-named)

Anyway I like the dark brass and blue combination, what kind of heraldry are you going for? As you can see they have really piqued my interest.

Good luck with painting the drop pod (note to self: I hate painting drop pods)

Cheers

EDIT: Sons of Doom! Checking your IA now mate :lol:

Good start Brother.

What is the name of your chapter? Are these the Sons of Doom or the Vanquishers? I will update the e tenebrae lux support log over in the Index Astartes section so your marines can be listed with full honours with the other Chapters (rather than un-named)

Anyway I like the dark brass and blue combination, what kind of heraldry are you going for? As you can see they have really piqued my interest.

Good luck with painting the drop pod (note to self: I hate painting drop pods)

Cheers

EDIT: Sons of Doom! Checking your IA now mate :)

Yep the Sons of Doom both of these shall be, when I complete this vow, I am planning on painting a SOD Land Raider and a Vanquishers Land Speeder so you'll see elements of both chapters in my vows hopefully should I complete this one.

In regards to the heraldry, I do have a small bit of fluff to explain the colourations of the Astartes as you saw in the IA (it really needs to be updated in the future...):

The blue and bronze of the Sons of Doom are a symbolic gesture to their heritage, being adopted from the Chapter's homeplanet of Auton. The bronze represents the bronze coloured armour Auton's tribes people wore to protect themselves in battle and duels, however no armour was applied upon the chest or head as it was the belief that the Emperor would decide if they would die that day. The dark blue however originated the traditional blue war paint that would be daubed on the unarmoured areas on the warriors. When the Codex's colour designations to represent Techmarines, Chaplains and Librarians are used, the only part that is painted in that colour is the formerly unarmoured regions of the Astartes. To paint over the bronze areas is seen as an insult of the highest degree to the warriors past and to the machine spirits of their battle plate.

Nice start Cambrius, look forward to seeing them complete and (hopefully) seeing you next week when you're back. :)

Thanks Araziel, indeed here's hoping. I'll be busy singing for the week during the daytime but during the evenings I hopefully should be able to get away to have a game.

+++

I have now applied a basecoat onto the drop pod and onto the Tac. Squad, the interior of the pod is tricky to do and I'm glad I did not glue the upper section to the lower section so I can access it easily.

More coming soon!

Cambrius

• 1 month later...

It's been a long while with the deadline looming too, but I happy to report progress with some pictures. Here we have my Tactical Squad completed and I am 70% done with my Drop Pod (pictures of that'll come later):

gallery_26154_2055_1361832.png

More to come soon!

Cambrius

Very nice! That colour scheme does work really well :)

Thanks Raz! 5 years perfecting it now with my guys and I've still got much more SODs in the works so there'll be more of my guys to come soon in a separate WIP thread. :)

Cambrius

Archived