Playing Ravenwing

Cmdr Shepard

Greetings Battle Brothers,

I'm new to Dark Angels and I need your advices on playing Ravenwing.

I always wanted to play bikes and 6th Edition made them a very interesting unit so I ordered a Ravenwing Battleforce and Sammael.

I'd like to use those models as an allied detachment for one of my Space Marine armies (I can field armies from any SM codex excepted Black Templars) before building a primary Ravenwing detachment.

Any suggestion would be very appreciated.

Thanks for your asistance.

You are aware that you can play a bike army in Codex: Space Marines too? So you don't need to field them as an allied detachment.

I intend to make a bike army for the October Throne of Skulls tournament - like you I have always wanted to do a bike army and 6th ed sounds like they will be pretty good - but I intend to use Codex: Space Marines.

Sorry, I know this doesn't answer your question, I just wanted to make sure you knew that you don't HAVE to make them allies - just take a Captain on a bike.

You are aware that you can play a bike army in Codex: Space Marines too? So you don't need to field them as an allied detachment.

I intend to make a bike army for the October Throne of Skulls tournament - like you I have always wanted to do a bike army and 6th ed sounds like they will be pretty good - but I intend to use Codex: Space Marines.

Sorry, I know this doesn't answer your question, I just wanted to make sure you knew that you don't HAVE to make them allies - just take a Captain on a bike.

Yes I am aware of it but I wanted to try the Ravenwing :P, beside they are "fearless" and have a teleporter homer, just for the records.

Sammael has even a nice plasma cannon. :lol:

I'm new to Dark Angels and I need your advices on playing Ravenwing.

I'd like to use those models as an allied detachment for one of my Space Marine armies (I can field armies from any SM codex excepted Black Templars) before building a primary Ravenwing detachment.

Any suggestion would be very appreciated.

Thanks for your asistance.

Build the whole battalion box. It's one full troops choice.

Since I don't know what the rest of your army looks like, I can't really advise how to use it to complement your force.

Therefore: Play with it. Play with a full bike squad. Play with it splitting into combat squads. Use the land speeder and attack bike. Practice scout moves. Get into combat a couple times so you can see what they can and can't do. It's the best ay to learn.

Archived