Cato Sicarius 6th Ed

daismith906

Anyone thinking of running Cato Sicarius now?

With his 2+ save, FNP & Talassarian Tempest Blade he's tough as

+ Theres the tank hunter rule put him in a tactical squad & glance transports to death

Is he worth 200pts though?

2+ save has gotten a buff

FNP is harder to ignore.

Infiltrate and Scout are other options for that tac. squad. This is cool if you want to design a list to get half or more of your army in your opponent's deployment zone on turn one.

200pts looks like alot, but how many ways can you spend 200pts on a C:SM HQ's? You can get a bare librarian and chaplain, but every other option is 100pts + upgrades. You can't even get a decent HQ+command squad for 200pts.

With warlord rules, he can claim objectives now. He will not fear the hidden PF because he is an excellent dualist now. Doesn't he also get to assign wounds with his plasma pistol when getting 6's on rolls to hit?

I'm just worried about his power weapon. Sure he has a few attacks, but I'd still prefer one less relic blade attack for the strength it gives me. Which is a shame because he has some good rules, but I'm still not convinced that he's worth 200pts. 20pts less and then yeah, most likely.

+ Theres the tank hunter rule put him in a tactical squad & glance transports to death

Glance? With Krak Grenades and the ease of hitting vehicles in CC, anything with AV10 is going to die.

Archived