Death Company Dread

Rottimus

Hey folks..

a great couple of days so far right? lots of exciting changes.

I noticed that the death company dread only has 2 base attacks in the rule book...3 in our codex.

Did GW remove an attack because the new rage rules make the dread it easier to control?

Some guy said no, our codex is correct... that means 3 base, 1 for two CC and 2 for the charge... 6 attacks? with the whole blood talon multiplier thingy?

that's a bit redonk no?

DC dead actually never had black rage, right? ^^

he did, but rage made us move to the closest, we were free to charge whoever.

I think now with fists, it would be nuts. Im thinking maaaay even be better than a furioso

Hope they didn't nerf him :P I want to paint my dreadnought black! :teehee: I think it looks like a copy paste error, cause all the other dreads are 2 attacks, so they prolly just went, 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2. If its not in the FAQ Codex > RB. I don't see a reason for them taking an attack off... they didn't take an attack of the DC! :D

I'm going to take blood talons on mine I think, just cause I want to mince meat through big units.

BRB, pg. 84 in bold no less:

If a Walker is armed with two or more melee weapons, it gains +1 bonus attack for each additional weapon after the first.

Ergo, the Death Company Dreadnought has 2 base attacks from the BRB, +1 for the Blood Fists, and another +2 attacks the turn it charges thanks to Rage. So that's five attacks on the charge, and then three every turn after that. Not bad considering every other Dreadnought in the game is only going to get two attacks.

Nerf from 5th Edition? Sure. Nerf in 6th Edition? Nope. We come out better then all the other Space Marine Dreadnoughts.

It is a DCCW that is treated as a lightning claw.

It says that nowhere.

The Blood Fist is specifically stated to be a DCCW in its rules. The Blood Talons don't say to treat them as DCCWs in their rules.

Also, if the Blood Talons were DCCWs, then that'd mean:

*Blood Fists give you S10 AP2 hits

*Blood Talons give you an equal number of S10 AP2 hits plus rerolls to wound that generate potentially infinite attacks

That's a huge difference, so why would anyone ever take Blood Fists if Blood Talons were literally the same thing with an added bonus? And why wouldn't they have a points cost to get this upgrade? Switching to Blood Talons instead of Blood Fists is free.

You get DCCWs, or Lighting Claws with extra attacks. That's how it's balanced. So no, we can't "roll a dice and winner chooses," because what I'm saying is actually in the codex, and what you're saying isn't.

It is a DCCW that is treated as a lightning claw. We can agree to disagree I say roll a dice and winner chooses.

check page 60 in the codex under blood talons :D

Plain and simple they are treated as lighting claws not DCCW's.

Archived