Falling Back and Overwatch

If a unit is Falling Back and then gets Assaulted but makes its check to Regroup, do you think it gets to fire Overwatch?

The RAW says the unit "fights normally" but then it says to proceed with the Assault Phase starting with "assaulter moving models" which comes after resolving Overwatch. I think that particular line is a copy/paste from 5th so it's probably not RAI, but RAW right now I think units that are Falling Back and get Assault cannot fire Overwatch. Thoughts?

If a unit is Falling Back and then gets Assaulted but makes its check to Regroup, do you think it gets to fire Overwatch?

The RAW says the unit "fights normally" but then it says to proceed with the Assault Phase starting with "assaulter moving models" which comes after resolving Overwatch. I think that particular line is a copy/paste from 5th so it's probably not RAI, but RAW right now I think units that are Falling Back and get Assault cannot fire Overwatch. Thoughts?

Page 30 of the rulebook: Units that are falling can continue to shoot (including Overwatch fire and Psychic shooting attacks) but can only fire Snap Shots.

Archived