First Battle of 6th against Chaos Guard!

Rottimus

First off, this is isn't really a battle report so much as a summary of what I found worked well.

We played a 1300 point ish game.

I ran a Reclusiarch with 9 DC in a rhino,

A DC dread with blood talons

10 Tactical Terminators 2 assault cannons

Corbulo

10 man assault squad with 2 flamers and PW

Using 10 terminators with corbulo up front is INSANE.... Corbulo takes all the wounds that are ap 2 and saves with +2 his feel no pain, look out sir on a 2+ for anything st8 or higher.

This tactic really worked well. Was lucky with my 2+ look out sir rolls, but eventually failed one.... only to re-roll it with corbulos far seeing eye. W00T!

The Hammer of Wrath on the assault squad played really well, getting 10 ini 10 attacks before anything happens really evens the score. (i charged 10 allied chaos marines took out 3! before any normal fighting happend)

DC with bolters are great against guard, the 2 rapid fire shots with ap 5 are MUCH better than the extra CC attack. The rapid firing also makes Rhinos that bit better, being able to unload 20 shots sort of makes up for not being able to assault.

With 10 terminators moving around my oponent had real trouble. He had a demolisher, but i placed my termies well away from it. The plasma guns he had littered about were thwarted VERY well using corbulo.

Towards the end he did manage to chuck a demo charge at my terminators (there were bunched up after power fisting a chimera)... I laughed and thought whatever but OUCH KABIBBLES! i didn't know demo charges were AP 2!

Beware. I lost 6 terminators...in one blast, failed my invuls :(

All in all a decent game. 6th plays quite well. I think BA got a massive boost with FNP... i forgot how many times I never got to use it against PW, ap2 or ap1... now i at least get a 5+. which does add up!

Hammerhanding the full squad was actually a challenge.... but we kept forgetting to pre measure.

Feels like I'm breaking the law doing it hehe. My assault squad was in ruins, rolled a six to get out of them,

I need roughly 10 inches charge to get all of my guys into combat. Re-roll charge roll is good!

You cant reroll AND hammer

Jump packs are one use per turn, either you move 12", OR you reroll assault, OR you hammer.

I thought it was one user per turn, but either in movement phase or assault phase (i.e. using them in assault phase grants the reroll AND hammer). Which is it?

I thought it was one user per turn, but either in movement phase or assault phase (i.e. using them in assault phase grants the reroll AND hammer).

I thought this too. Must read that up again.

you can choose to jump on move or assault:

if jump on move, 12 inches

if jump on assault, re-roll (both dices) charge AND gets HoW

page 47 brb

Archived