allies in 6th

I'm thinking an assassin might be pretty sweet to play around with. I need to check out their rules again, though.

Pity we have to link up with the GK to get em :)

Though, strike squads are just great imho.

Pity we have to link up with the GK to get em :)

Though, strike squads are just great imho.

Well, technically it'd be the Officio Assassinorum. Draigo doesn't even have to know his 3++ save is broken by Mr. Vindicare. -_-

Or how about Mr. Eversor as a counter assault unit.

Oooh, I'm gonna have fun with these guys and gals.

EDIT : "Tag. You're dead"

Thinking about what Mort said about assassins I looked around Games Webshop and couldn't find a Vinicare assassin at all! When did they stop selling them?

About to be released in 'fine'cast soon since it's the only popular one. Find a metal blister somewhere while you still can.

Thinking about what Mort said about assassins I looked around Games Webshop and couldn't find a Vinicare assassin at all! When did they stop selling them?

About to be released in 'fine'cast soon since it's the only popular one. Find a metal blister somewhere while you still can.

You may actually find that the Culexus is about to see a popularity explosion. A S5, AP1, Assault 2 weapon that gets +1 to it's Assault value for every Psyker within 12"? He's going to be pretty handy for shifting models out of those pesky Librarian-led Terminator Squads that are bound to start popping up all over the place now. The Eversor is also pretty sweet against anything without a 2+ save, it's just that the Vindicare is easier to use.

I'm ok though; I own all 4 Assassins in metal.....

You may actually find that the Culexus is about to see a popularity explosion. A S5, AP1, Assault 2 weapon that gets +1 to it's Assault value for every Psyker within 12"? He's going to be pretty handy for shifting models out of those pesky Librarian-led Terminator Squads that are bound to start popping up all over the place now. The Eversor is also pretty sweet against anything without a 2+ save, it's just that the Vindicare is easier to use.

tbh, I'm surprised more people don't use Callidus assassins - considering the number of people running around with 2+/4++ or 2+/3++ on their HQ's...

Looks like I'm going to have to buy some assasains

If you field assassins, you're going to have a good time!

Although, the LoS! rules are very unfair to the Vindicare so his usefulness is diminished considerably against special characters. I'm quite surprised and disappointed he didn't get a FAQ that nullifies LoS! for him. He's still quite useful for picking off enemy special/heavy weapons and his turbo-penetrator shot has a better chance of wrecking a vehicle, though. He's a keeper.

It seems like psykers are going to be bigger in 6th ed, so I agree that a Culexus is pretty useful now. He's also harder to target and kill with his Etherium.

The unique rules for the Callidus's C'tan phase sword makes it AP3, which is decent but still not great. I'm also surprised she didn't get a FAQ in that regard. Polymorphine is cool and her neural shredder is still pretty potent.

The Eversor is just great. Too bad he doesn't explode when he dies.

If I'm allying then I'll at least want to get a flier from them.

-IG with a vendetta and TL-Autocannons.

-Marines for Captain + bikes and a stormtalon.

-Necrons for 2 Scythes and a bargelord. (non-scoring and gotta keep them away from your stuff though)

tbh, I'm surprised more people don't use Callidus assassins - considering the number of people running around with 2+/4++ or 2+/3++ on their HQ's...

I suspect this is because the Neural Shredder is actually a little poor against H.Q's; Strength 8 versus Leadership9/10? It's actually not that useful. Although the C'Tan Phase Sword causing Instant Death is always going to be nice against Feel No Pain, as long as the target doesn't have better than a 3+ save.

Archived