Stormtallon for ba?

Drown

I've been told that ba can take stormtalons now, Anyone know anything about this?

I guess the logic from what I've heard is that we have access to preds, storm ravens, etc. and they are not in the new rule book under available vehicles.

Seems a little thin to me considering the only thing I've found directly talking about it is the white dwarf article. Hope it does turn out to be accurate cause I'd love to have one or two to replace my Baal preds and have a reliable unit with skyfire.

Makes me a little sad. I picked one up a couple of days ago and started painting. Amazingly fun model, i almost completely finished it, too bad I won't be Painting any more in the near future.

Makes me a little sad. I picked one up a couple of days ago and started painting. Amazingly fun model, i almost completely finished it, too bad I won't be Painting any more in the near future.

With allies in 6th you can totally use it. Use it as "counts as" BA.

Just get some SM troops and an HQ - and you're golden.

If I do decide to ally, it will be with other SM and then, theres no way there will be any other colour but red/black in my army. Counts as for the win!

copy/pasted from a mail I've got from GW:

Hello,

Many thanks for your email. The space marine Stormtalon gunship Is an addition to the Codex: Space Marines and is available to all Space Marine players using that codex for there army. Regarding why it is not available to other chapters with individual Codex's such as Space Wolves or Blood Angels is because these armies have things which the standard Codex: Space Marines do not have access too, such as Thunder wolves or Baal Predators.

We will pass your feedback through to the studio as well so they can have a look at your suggestions.

If you have any further questions feel free to get in touch.

Kind regards,

Scott Edwards

Games Workshop Customer Service

Is the Tallon actually prohibited anywhere other than simply not being in Codex BA, or explicity mentioned alongside codex BA in its WD article? Seems to me right now that the appendix entry for it in the BRB lists it as a "space marine vehicle" in the same way as the stormraven which is now generally accepted as avalible to all Marine codexes?

I.e. nothing explicity tells us we can't but there is circumstantial evedence that we can, far from clear but the waters should be muddy enough for most people I'd have thought, unless I missed something?

EDIT: Missed that letter from GW, guess thats fairly clear. Still short of tournies I can't see many people having any issue (unless your playerbase is much more lawyery than mine I suppose)

Ok, I understand that we can't take the storm talon directly and it seems like a decent model but is it really worth it to pax the hq and troop tax to get it in the army when you can just take a storm raven and it come out cheaper?

What did you say?

this is the mail I send:

Greetings,

I have a question concerning the strom talon. In WD there was an article with the rules for this flyer and it states that it is to be considered an official update to the codex:Space Marines. However, I don't technicly play SM's but Blood Angels. And I'd really like to get a few storm talons in to my army. Now, I would really like an official statement that either approves or disapproves having these birds in our list. TBH I can't think of a reason why BA's can't take it, they are afterall space marines, but it would be nice to have an official statement to that for those games where an oppenent rules them out by default saying they are not included in the BA codex so you can't have them.

TIA

Shared model ranges and fluff aside, I think it's best if you just consider each separate codex as a completely unique "army" for game purposes. We aren't Space Marines. We're Blood Angels, and as separate and distinct as Tau and Orks. We use our own rules, not theirs.

My local store hath decreed that all space marines can use the talon.

I did point out they were wrong, but they decreed it was thus.

I prefer the RAven anyway, and I have two :P

I wonder if that decree has anything to do with selling more models?

;)

Archived