Iron Warriors horns

While painting my CSM squad and chosen for my vow, i came across a small conundrum - what colour do i do the horns for my iron warriors? i've always had a soft spot for them, and they have been in my chaos armies over the years in many roles, but i want them to have a stronger place in my new warband, so the majority will be from the IV Legion. however, i've been playing them since 2nd ed, when their horns were red, and loved them when they got their own boxed set, which is when i first noticed they had changed the horn colour to bone. just wondering what the general consencus among iron warrior players is? also, as i haven't read many iron warrior books, does anyone have any descriptions or references to iron warrior sorcerors? i only ask as i'd imagine they'd be different to most legions because of their appearance and the fact their possessed are more like machines from their descriptions.

many thanks in advance, leinmann

One more vote for bone.

I had never heard of the red horns, as I have not been playing since ye olden tymes, but after looking at a couple pictures of this style I can say I don't like the red. If you have to have horns on your helmets (and I don't really like the horns anyway) then they might as well look like horns.

also, as i haven't read many iron warrior books, does anyone have any descriptions or references to iron warrior sorcerors? i only ask as i'd imagine they'd be different to most legions because of their appearance and the fact their possessed are more like machines from their descriptions.

The 3.5 CSM codex stated that Iron Warrior possessed were not in fact daemonically possessed but rather possessed of powerful cybernetics powered by bound daemons - I've always taken that as an under-the-counter 'yes' since the daemons still need binding.

also, as i haven't read many iron warrior books, does anyone have any descriptions or references to iron warrior sorcerors? i only ask as i'd imagine they'd be different to most legions because of their appearance and the fact their possessed are more like machines from their descriptions.

The 3.5 CSM codex stated that Iron Warrior possessed were not in fact daemonically possessed but rather possessed of powerful cybernetics powered by bound daemons - I've always taken that as an under-the-counter 'yes' since the daemons still need binding.

thanks that was the referance i was thinking where it first said about this (although wasn't there the IA in WD many moons ago. but this was the sort of thing i was thinking about in regards to both possessed and maybe sorceror, although he'd maybe have more esoteric parts.

http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/lofiversio...hp/t113732.html

thanks for the replies though peeps, much appreciated. i think i might go for bone and see how that goes, then take it from there. cheers to all.

I painted mine in a Dark brown with a dry rush of bleached bone. The tips are completely bleach bone, the base Dark brown and the middle varying shades.

Archived