Vanguard and Plasma

Brightguy

Plasma seems to be everyone's baby right now, but I think the answer is still no. They confer no close combat benefit and these guys better be stuck in 80% of the time or you have a bigger problem. I don't think you get enough shots off to justify bumping the cost on an already very pricey unit, but happy to hear the other side of this one.

imo, Vanguards be made fer fighting^_^... if you want a torrent of plasma: go Honour guard.

I only use a 5 man squad of vanguards to tie up units such as lootas, devs, psyfelmen dreads etc. So I try to make mine cheap for that role.

imo, Vanguards be made fer fighting^_^... if you want a torrent of plasma: go Honour guard.

I only use a 5 man squad of vanguards to tie up units such as lootas, devs, psyfelmen dreads etc. So I try to make mine cheap for that role.

Honour Guard can put out, at maximum, 8 plasma shots. That's either rapid fire plasmaguns or dual plasma pistols. What's more, only 4 models can be equipped. Hence only 8 shots.

A Vanguard Veteran squad can consist of 10 models, each model dual wielding plasma pistols. That's 20 shots!!

It's about 450 points for the unit but ... That's 20 shots!!

A Vanguard Veteran squad can consist of 10 models, each model dual wielding plasma pistols. That's 20 shots!!

It's about 450 points for the unit but ... That's 20 shots!!

Get a librarian with forboding on them, so when they get charged, they get another 20 shots at BS4...

Archived