Fortifications

Jorre

So in order to prepare for the coming flyer storm I have invested in a Bastion. I only have one problem with it..... It is a IMPERIAL Bastion, but it just doesn't feel very Blood Angel!

I need to make it feel like part of my Blood Angel force. I did consider pretending that maybe its just a imperial stronghold that my Blood Angels have taken over as maybe a command station for a coming campaign. However that seems a little boring. Has anyone got any kick ass idea's for making imperial terrain slightly more Blood Angel in flavor, I could really use some inspiration! I'm not sure just painting it red will appease me!

I found the Fortress is easy to Blood Angels up. Only a couple of Dark Angel logos you have to shave off:

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/24502_417929989917_5771048_n.jpg

Well... the whole winged+hooded angel dosn't suit my chapter all that well:P

That fortress looks great though

Edit : Totally unrelated... But cheers for the back-shot of the fortress... been wondering if it had a small door or something back there xD

Whenever I need to make something more Blood Angely, I go to Ebay and buy the packets of iconography from the Baal Predator and Stormraven, as well as transfer sheets. All these are like a $1 most of the time if you wait for auctions, and something like $3-4 if you can't wait.

I also saw one guy take the really elaborate Forgeworld rhino pieces and cut the iconography out, but that just seemed wasteful to me. I'd rip apart a rhino I'd glued before cutting up forgeworld parts.

A better alternative for cutting things out might be the Dreadnought packs, for the forearm and shields. Also, those random wing and decorative bits in the Death CO box, and we've all seen 100 uses for the Sanguinary Guard wings. Maybe make a cool Blood Angel model posing heroicly and paint it in a marble/stone/bronze patter? A buddy did that with a Commissar and put it on top of a 6" table leg. Really does look like a war monument after being drybrushed grey with some whiter highlight and heavy mud washing.

Take the banners from different kits, even blank ones, and cut the pole off. Then, when you affix it, it looks like a wall hanging, and less like someone is supposed to be holding it. Might be a good use for duplicate Sanguinary Guard banners. Those are cheap on Ebay as well.

Also, the transfer REALLY helps me paint the symbol. I've put the transfer down just to be a guide for my brush, and it helps me stay within the lines.

EDIT: Forgot about drop pod icons. Those are cheap, and perfect little pieces for patterns. If you pay .10 (cents OR pence) you're paying too much.

Archived