new Ezekiel Model

Pyro X

Hmm, either that or the Dark Angels characters are getting a Finecast update soon. I really need to pop out and grab a metal Azrael before then (only special character I am missing currently, cut my last one up for conversion bits). At least I still have my metal Zeke and two metal Asmodai models. I think there are a few finecast waves coming over the next few months so my personal hunch is this may not be a codex-related rumour (but I could be wrong).

I imagine it'll just be a finecast update with a sculpted banner, not an entirely new model. I've seen plenty of people get excited about 2new models for codex x,y & z" only to be faced with a finecast re-release of previous models. In any case i hope they haven't changed the model as it is IMO one of the best looking marines GW has ever made.

Regardless, it bodes well for an up-coming DA release. Whether it comes with a new codex and when is something we'll have to wait and see.

Al

If GW are planning on releasing a new model of a character, I'd rather it be Azrael. The guy looks like he needs a good meal! I've pretty much hated the Azrael model from day one, as it happens I'm pretty happy with Ezekiel, although I'd like to see his pose opened up a bit.

This is good. I think there will be a new model of a few da characters. I just ordered Ezekiel in may and it took a month to arrive at my gw shop. Before it arrived I heard from several gw people that it could be that a fine cast was coming out, but a week before I got it I was told it would be one of the last shipments of the model. It's not an exact quote from gw but it's hint supported by DA being one of the next armies.

Personally I use him for zahariel. I switch between Ezekiel and an epistolary for the different abilities and their tactical importance.

I ordered all the DA characters online this afternoon. I think they are GW's best SM characters but then again I'm a touch biased! I saw that rumor also and figured they were all going Finecast. I prefer metal.

I ordered all the DA characters online this afternoon. I think they are GW's best SM characters but then again I'm a touch biased! I saw that rumor also and figured they were all going Finecast. I prefer metal.

Biased?BIASED?No they are just the best!

Silently whispering: Although Azzy could use a little girth and better sword to be honest...

I cut my Azrael in half, pinned him, and re-sculpted his midsection so he would have a bit more of the size his mini currently lacks (he's more Angel of Dwarf than Angel of Death, to be honest). Turned out pretty well, and he's half a head taller than the standard battle brother.

Of course, I'd retire him tomorrow if he gets an awesome re-sculpt....

The original 'Zeke had a plain backpack and banner pole, but no banner.

Metal rerelease last DA codex came with a sculpted back banner.

The original BA characters did not get resculpts, but did get models that adhered to the aesthetic of the old (Meph/Astorath, Dante/Sanguinor).

I'd expect more of the same. The DA characters are too classic and gorgeous to resculpt.

Azrael is one of my favorite Citadel sculpts of all time, but the "scale screep" of the last twenty-odd years has cause his stature to shift from angelic to anemic. You would think that, in this time of 3D scanners and CAD sculpted miniatures they could -- although I dunno how exactly -- just sort of scan the original model and englarge it 120%.

I've never been fond of the "Zeke" or Asmodai models, they aren't bad, but they do have a strong sense of the "flat plane" poses that single-peice models were limited to in their day. The artwork for each in the codices over the years was always more interesting than the real deal. I still have my 1997 Ctadel Miniatures catalog with Asmodai on the cover...

It can be done and quite easy, in fact i would go that route if i planned a finecast release the only drawback would be that it would need a new mold. But since they didnt change abbadon i seriously doubt they will change az after all molds cost a lot...

I am in the camp of really wanting to see some new models for special characters this edition. The new artwork, even if an "artist's view" of Azrael on the WD spines/Collectors Edition book for 6th, looks awesome and I'll really like to see an enlarged model based on that image with that sword. So much better than the 2nd Edition model appears. I'd like to see the same done with all the special characters for the Dark Angels, as well as Chaos Marines (hoping Abaddon gets a worthy model) and the Templars. There are a lot of great images in the 3rd and 4th Eds DA Codexes that would make great models (some possibly even being more widely applicable than just for the DA.

I'm not holding my breath though. I don't think what this guy heard indicates anything like "a new Ezekiel model!"

Archived