A tale of two -- Predators ?

Volfen

• 3 weeks later...

Well the Panther is about 90% complete, so I thought I'd give an update and also maybe show Tank Squadron 6.

First, the Panther Pattern Predator. He needs some touch up and some final details, and the color in the picture is more yellow than in real life. This looks almost like Imperial Fist Colors, but you can get an idea of what he will look like on the tabletop.

gallery_61766_7603_97086.jpg

side view -- the gunner has named his Autocannon

gallery_61766_7603_97556.jpg

right side view showing LC turret -- should I put the tank number on this side also?

gallery_61766_7603_55371.jpg

Front View - texture paints for the mud, airbrush (brown) and grey powder for dust. Headlights and name tag still need final cleanup

gallery_61766_7603_96526.jpg

Next up, Tank squadron Six as it stands now.

Golden Lion Tank Squadron 6

I wanted to stage them on our game tabletop but that will have to wait for a bit, so here they are. From left to right, Leopard, Panther, Basilisk, and Ogre. Ogre is the only Predator that is straight out of the box. Notice the weathering on Panther is less extreme.

gallery_61766_7603_103086.jpg

Panther next to Ogre. Both essentially the same height.

gallery_61766_7603_17934.jpg

The three modified Preds.

gallery_61766_7603_68527.jpg

One of the reasons that Panther is so much more yellow than Leopard is that I airbrushed a layer of Gryphonne Sepia wash on to Leopard before weathering. Of course the extensive "wear through" on Leopard and Basilisk makes them appear darker also.

gallery_61766_7603_66128.jpg

This has been a fun project for me. Thanks for all the comments and criticisms, any and all of which are welcome.

I think the next big project will be trying to scratch build a Centurion model. -- ( May be a big challenge :) )

Archived