Kantor and Lysander

AGPO

I was reading the FAQ for C:SM earlier, and it seems that Kantor's ability to make Sternguard scoring and Lysander's bolter drill are still passed to allies. Admittedly you lose the benefit of Chapter Tactics and Kantor's inspiring presence (although more on that later) but these options seem pretty sweet to me. With Tactical terminators being a more viable option these days, sticking Lysander in a squad alongside a Chappy or Priest makes them potentially very nasty all-round unit. Likewise plasma or flamer Sternguard become a very nasty camping unit if led by Pedro, and if you select them from codex marines rather than BA they get inspiring presence as well. The other option if you are taking Sanguinary Guard or Honour Guard is to take a chapter banner with them, plus another in a C:SM command squad. The Chapter banners can either stack giving you +2A, or spread their affect over a wider area.. Overkill? Maybe but also very nasty.

I know that they can be affected by allies pysker powers but I am not sure if abilities translate over. I know a lot of the abilities have become Codex specific in the FAQ. Such as Honour of the Chapter says that He(Chaplain) and all member of the squad chosen from Codex: Blood Angels are fearless. So you may need to check the C:SM FAQ for the answer to that question. If it does not specifiy C:SM then it just may.

I was reading the FAQ for C:SM earlier, and it seems that Kantor's ability to make Sternguard scoring and Lysander's bolter drill are still passed to allies. Admittedly you lose the benefit of Chapter Tactics and Kantor's inspiring presence (although more on that later) but these options seem pretty sweet to me. With Tactical terminators being a more viable option these days, sticking Lysander in a squad alongside a Chappy or Priest makes them potentially very nasty all-round unit. Likewise plasma or flamer Sternguard become a very nasty camping unit if led by Pedro, and if you select them from codex marines rather than BA they get inspiring presence as well. The other option if you are taking Sanguinary Guard or Honour Guard is to take a chapter banner with them, plus another in a C:SM command squad. The Chapter banners can either stack giving you +2A, or spread their affect over a wider area.. Overkill? Maybe but also very nasty.

BA chapter banner at least only affects the unit that it is in, unsure how the C:SM one works.

Nice idea, but will only work in large games. Pedro/Lysander + 10 tac marines + 10 sternguard/10 tac terms is a pretty big investment.

Archived