Deathwing. Space Hulk

Everblight

I've just recently re-read the Deathwing story, after which I read through I thread on here (Some four years ago) in regards to when the events happened.

Which lead me to thinking up something.

Does anybody know what year(s) the game Space Marine (and Codex Titanicus) was set? I ask because in WD 125 (Or around then) There were articles for Imperial (And Eldar) Knights as well as and Army List for Space Marines, where it mentions that the Dark Angels have Deathwing, Ravenwing and "Iron Wing"

I'm unsure about Space Marine but I know for certain the Adutus Titanicus was set in the HH. Knights are mini Titans around the size of a Contemptor Pattern Drednought; maybe a bit bigger. The Iron wing is a reffernce to an Armoured Company type formation. This was from the earliest days of the fluff creation of the universe. Back then SM and IG sharied alot of equipment like preds, LR and speeders.

Any idea where I can find the Deathwing books? I would love to read the story again.

NM.....thank you Amazon. Black Library is out of stock with no date for order.

Knights are mini Titans around the size of a Contemptor Pattern Drednought; maybe a bit bigger.

Quite a lot bigger, actually. Knights were around 2/3 the size of a Warhound (IIRC) and were awesome support units for an Epic Titan army. If Forge World were to make a 40k Knight or two, I would definitely be in the market.

Back then SM and IG sharied alot of equipment like preds, LR and speeders.

I don't remember much shared kit from that era but the Epic army structure allowed for mixed Imperial forces pretty easily so you could have a core of Space Marine infantry and light vehicles, supported by IG tank companies and artillery with a few Titans thrown in for good measure.

I'm unsure about Space Marine but I know for certain the Adeptus Titanicus was set in the HH.

That's what I first thought, but being that I no longer own a copy :) I couldn't confirm. Space Marine, as I understand it was meant to be in the same era (I think) because IIRC if you look on the out edge of the bottom of the box, you get to see the Pre-Heresy colour schemes of the traitor legions.

However, the game evolved, and the army list constructions rules, was to parallel the addition of Codex Titanicus I think. If you could Time/Date stamp that, you might be able to work out the Deathwing story. Maybe.

Hi.

Having played to Space Marine and Adeptus Titanicus, games which set many things for DA, like the Deathwing, dark green power armoured marines, and Dark Angels being the first legion in that order, I did the research for you as I liked these games and didn't remembered myself the exact dates.

The exact dates are : Adeptus Titanicus : 1988 - Space Marine (Epic 1st edition) : 1989

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epic_(game)

Cheers.

Space Marine 2nd edition and Titan Legions were set modern day.

Space Marine 1st edition and Adeptus Titanicus were set during the Horus Heresy - by then parlance, these days we'd call it the Great Scouring.

Which was a bit of a backwards retcon actually since the original fluff was that after the Horus Heresy the Titan Legions were disbanded and reconstituted as the Military Orders of the Divisio Militaris..

The army list with Ironwing in was the "Space Marine Regiments in the Horus Heresy" article in WD126.

Addendum: The army list of course contradicts the Deathwing story in which it says the suits had served the Emperor for a hundred centuries - which would put it around the end of M40, assuming he wasn't just rounding it down.

Hi.

As for the Knights back then, I think I recall that there were the Lancer, the Paladin, and the Warden. Eldar had also their own (I began to play with Eldar back then), such as the Bright Stallions (or this one was a clan?), or something like that I don't remember exactly! :ermm: Knights were not piloted by Space Marines, but I think I recall by non-enhanced (or not enhanced like marines!) humans as part of a family. The best I can recall. Knights came from a WD, not from Adeptus Titanicus or Space Marine. They were mini-titans, of course.

Cheers.

As far as I remember Knights were piloted by... knights. :rolleyes: Like those knights from feudal worlds that made a pact with nearby Forge Worlds. Adeptus Mechanicus provided their noble houses with technology in exchange of military service, thus uplifting their society technologically but preserving its feudal state. Which meant if you are a noble - you get a mini-titan, and if you are a peasant - your life still sucks. Not that there is any difference with your average grimdark Imperium citizen's :)

Archived