Kitting out a 20-man footslogging Death Company

YourMumRang

Hey all. Using 20 of these as Allies in my GK list and wonder how it's best to equip them. I am giving them Bolters for sure but after that I wonder if I even need to bother with Power Weapons (GK can handle that) but would like to know if it's worth going for 4 Hand Flamers...

It's a counts-as army called the Weeping Angels and slot into my GK footslogging army. The fluff is that they changed their name to Weeping Angels after all but a handful of Marines were wiped out in a massive Daemonic Incursion and have now placed themselves in the service of my Inquisitor. The Death Company represent those Marines who are unable to come to terms with what they went through whilst my Terminator unit represent the 1st Company whose experience has allowed them to hold it together.

I'm still working on it though :D

20 might be overkill. Simulate some assaults and see how well it works getting all 20 in base-to-base contact. 15 might be a better number target.

With all the fire that they'll be taking, 20 is probably better than 15, at least they'll arrive at the enemy with decent numbers.

I'd add a librarian with the 4++ power, invisibility, or at least shield. A chaplain is also essential to get all those rerolls. Lemartes would work.

I'd get at least 2 powerfists/hammers, maybe more as now they can be sniped/precision shotted from the unit.

What's the fluff background for the DC in your list?

It doesn't really matter Mort. He could tell us, but then Dante would agree to us all having our minds wiped and we'd never remember...

:)

;) it matters to me..... ;)

No seriously though, as a person that would always like to develop the BA community I think this is an important question to ask. If he has no interest in any aspect of his armies fluff and admits to doing it solely for winning reasons, then I'll wish him well, but not bother to help too much more.

If he has a story and investment into his armies and models then, in my books, that's cool.

• 3 weeks later...
20 might be overkill. Simulate some assaults and see how well it works getting all 20 in base-to-base contact. 15 might be a better number target.

With all the fire that they'll be taking, 20 is probably better than 15, at least they'll arrive at the enemy with decent numbers.

I'd add a librarian with the 4++ power, invisibility, or at least shield. A chaplain is also essential to get all those rerolls. Lemartes would work.

I'd get at least 2 powerfists/hammers, maybe more as now they can be sniped/precision shotted from the unit.

Which is the 4++ power? I think a Librarian is what I'll go for (fluff reasons). Advice on equip?

Archived