Psychic Powers in 6th?

DP20

IDK, I'm kindof starting to re-think my opinion on the Epistolary upgrade. In the game I played, most of the time I cast Prescience at the beginning of my movement phase and Forewarning at the beginning of the opponent's movement phase (and never ended up casting Precognition).

In fact, of the 7 Divination powers, #6 Scrier's is auto-replace, #1 Foreboding you will ONLY cast in the opponent's phase, and #2 Forewarning will -most- frequently cast only in the opponent's movement phase (prepping against his shooting and charging) as well. #5 Precognition is usually only useful on a TerminatorLibby and even then rarely vies for double-cast ability.

it seems you are mistakenly playing.

Divination powers can only be casted on YOUR own turn.

BRB P68 Types of psychic powers

"Blessings are manifested at the start of the Psyker's Movement

phase."

All but missfortune powers are blessings. en even it (missfortune) must be manifested on your own movement phase.

Seems that epistolary is still a big upgrade.

Scriers isn't terrible if you actually play with the new rules re: Terrain, which most of my games have used.

Also it's a great thing if you have a reserve element as well especially Baal Preds.

If it's my first roll I usually swap it though.

Scriers isn't terrible if you actually play with the new rules re: Terrain, which most of my games have used.

Also it's a great thing if you have a reserve element as well especially Baal Preds.

If it's my first roll I usually swap it though.

I had Scriers my last game, never chose to use it over reroll to hits. But all my reserves came in turn 2 anyway.

I am considering adding Episoltary to my Librarian for tomorrow.

IDK, I'm kindof starting to re-think my opinion on the Epistolary upgrade. In the game I played, most of the time I cast Prescience at the beginning of my movement phase and Forewarning at the beginning of the opponent's movement phase (and never ended up casting Precognition).

In fact, of the 7 Divination powers, #6 Scrier's is auto-replace, #1 Foreboding you will ONLY cast in the opponent's phase, and #2 Forewarning will -most- frequently cast only in the opponent's movement phase (prepping against his shooting and charging) as well. #5 Precognition is usually only useful on a TerminatorLibby and even then rarely vies for double-cast ability.

phase."

All but missfortune powers are blessings. en even it (missfortune) must be manifested on your own movement phase.

OK see what confuses us was that 'anytime it does not specify player-turn or game-turn, always assume player-turn'.... so we assumed all the powers only last the player's turn and so must be re-cast in the other player's turn if you wanted to keep them active.

But what you are saying is that the Divination powers are NEITHER used NOR active in the other player's turn, by RAW.

That..... sucks.

And also RAW then, the Foreboding power does nothing.

OK see what confuses us was that 'anytime it does not specify player-turn or game-turn, always assume player-turn'.... so we assumed all the powers only last the player's turn and so must be re-cast in the other player's turn if you wanted to keep them active.

But what you are saying is that the Divination powers are NEITHER used NOR active in the other player's turn, by RAW.

That..... sucks.

Citadel, check p68, under Blessings, 3rd sentence, you will see:

Blessings target a friendly unit(s) and, unless otherwise stated, last until the end of the following turn

You will find the same quote under Malediction.

That out of the way, another vote from me for Divination. Prescience is ridiculous on relentless bolter equipped DC.

phase."

That..... sucks.

And also RAW then, the Foreboding power does nothing.

Look up the description of blessings and maledictions. They say they are cast in the Psykers turn and last until the psykers next turn.

That..... sucks.

Citadel, check p68, under Blessings, 3rd sentence, you will see:

Blessings target a friendly unit(s) and, unless otherwise stated, last until the end of the following turn

You will find the same quote under Malediction.

That out of the way, another vote from for Divination. Prescience is ridiculous on relentless bolter equipped DC.

Awesomesauce! Thank's so much StJude & JamesI for the quick correct and clarification. Prescience lasting yours and his turn = yea... never taking a different discipline. Thanks guys--- I feel silly the answer sitting in front of me like that.

Prescience lasting yours and his turn = yea... never taking a different discipline.

Its incredible, yeh!?!? Im definitely happy about our luck out with Divination. I was looking into the other libby powers too and I think Div is the most successful, but the other power sets are by no means bad at all.

Im defs going into battle with my BA lib and SM lib and will trade out powers dependent on opponent.

Archived