Counts as Space Wolves with BA detachment.

dswanick

So I want to finally, legally, field this model which I inherited from a friend several years ago:

http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l634/dswanick/Warhammer%2040000/Space%20Wolves/SpaceWolvesDreadnought.jpg

Obviously as a C:BA Furiouso Dread. And since I run a Bran Redmaw Company (who is reputed to have the most warriors afflicted with the Mark of the Wulfen) I plan on running a Death Company as my Troops choice to represent a Wolf-marked pack.

My question is what HQ choice would be my best option? I don't mind going expensive if the benefits are cost-effective, but I don't want my Allies Detachment turning into a massive points sink, Death Star unit either. Do I just go with a 100pt Captian or Librarian, or does one of the others offer a better investment:benefit ratio?

Grab a librarian cheap and cheerful, good buff with a force axe in the DC. How are you moving these guys? shield is invaluable with non mech and makes the DC very durable they get their 3+ armour or 5+ cover save then a 5+ FNP against just almost everything. The Libby will keep more DC alive to make combat than any other IC. DC do not have Sgts to pass challenges off to though.

Grab a librarian cheap and cheerful, good buff with a force axe in the DC. How are you moving these guys? shield is invaluable with non mech and makes the DC very durable they get their 3+ armour or 5+ cover save then a 5+ FNP against just almost everything. The Libby will keep more DC alive to make combat than any other IC. DC do not have Sgts to pass challenges off to though.

Yeah I like the shield idea. My plan is to make them Jump Pack, to get the enhanced movement and the Hammer of Wrath - so Shield is sounding golden.

Thanks for the advice, all. So my current idea is this :

Low-points games - 355pts

Pack Leader - Wolf-marked Priest 100pts ( counts as a Librarian in Power Armor)

- with Howl of the Wolfen (c/a Shackle Soul)

- with Terrifying Visage (c/a Shield of Sanguinius)

Pack of 5 Wolfen 130pts (c/a Death Company)

- with 2 Power Weapons

Wolf-marked Dreadnought 125pts (c/a DC Furioso)

- with Dreadnought Wolf Claws (c/a Blood Talons)

High-points games - 470pts+

Pack Leader - Wolf-marked Priest 125pts ( counts as a Librarian in Power Armor)

- with Jump Pack

- with Howl of the Wolfen (c/a Shackle Soul)

- with Terrifying Visage (c/a Shield of Sanguinius)

Pack of 5+ Wolfen 220pts (c/a Death Company)

- with Jump Packs

- with 3+ Power Weapons

Wolf-marked Dreadnought 125pts (c/a DC Furioso)

- with Dreadnought Wolf Claws (c/a Blood Talons)

Always always take at least one power fist in a DC squad if you can afford the points upgrade to a thunder hammer. The initial tabletop reports on DC are very promising which means they will attract a lot of fire

Hmm, my Priest will be a Wolf Priest-loking model, which would make his Crozius-looking weapon a Force Staff (S+2, AP4, Concusive) and my Wulfen will be packing a mix of Swords and Axes (S+1, AP2, Unwieldy). That plus the Hammer of Wrath attack w/ Jump Packs - do you really think I'll still need a Fist in the squad?

Always always take at least one power fist in a DC squad if you can afford the points upgrade to a thunder hammer. The initial tabletop reports on DC are very promising which means they will attract a lot of fire

Hmm, my Priest will be a Wolf Priest-loking model, which would make his Crozius-looking weapon a Force Staff (S+2, AP4, Concusive) and my Wulfen will be packing a mix of Swords and Axes (S+1, AP2, Unwieldy). That plus the Hammer of Wrath attack w/ Jump Packs - do you really think I'll still need a Fist in the squad?

I'd recommend at least 1 (though for theme I'd suggest a thunder hammer instead of a fist).

Hammer of Wrath is not guaranteed too often I find I need to move 12 inches then charge as infantry and lose hammer of wrath to count on that.

Archived