Corbulo the automatically included..

Sixestohit

Hey guys,

So with less assault marines on foot I'm wondering where everyone is planning to put Corbulo? Without a jump pack he isn't keeping up with a lot of our stuff. I know a lot of us are running foot slogging death company but his grail is a waste there as they already have the benefits. So as he's such a must take, where do you plan to house him?

James.

Hey guys,

So with less assault marines on foot I'm wondering where everyone is planning to put Corbulo? Without a jump pack he isn't keeping up with a lot of our stuff. I know a lot of us are running foot slogging death company but his grail is a waste there as they already have the benefits. So as he's such a must take, where do you plan to house him?

James.

I tried using Corbulo in my Dante/jump heavy list. In order to make it work he was hanging with Sternguard, but I decided I really disliked that and wanted my shooty support more mobile (Storm RAvens and attack bikes!)

So Corbulo is out of that list.

But, I am working on a new list for non-Dante days. This will be a Tycho led list where Corbulo will either be with Terminators or Sternguard or possibly an Honor Guard.

I think assault termies with shields. I haven't made the list yet, but I am thinking Corbulo with Assault termies with storm shields. Against small arms Corbulo gets 3+ save with 2+ FNP - then against ID, pawn the wound off on 3++ stormshield saves.

I have placed Corbulo with Termies also and with some success. Since he is an IC he gets a 2+ Look out sir roll and gets a 3+/2+ FNP makes him amazing. I took 11 wounds from a Heavy Bolter squad and he made every save in some way. He is simple amazing.

I have placed Corbulo with Termies also and with some success. Since he is an IC he gets a 2+ Look out sir roll and gets a 3+/2+ FNP makes him amazing. I took 11 wounds from a Heavy Bolter squad and he made every save in some way. He is simple amazing.

Just for clarification, you weren't taking his save and FNP roll, and then rolling for "Look Out, Sir!", right?

I'm only asking because I continue to see this rule misread. If you have a unit with different saves, you roll "Look Out, Sir!" first, and then roll the armor save for whoever is taking the shot.

No he sits out front. When you get hit with something that ignores Armor and FNP you "Look Out, Sir!". and give it to someone with an invul.

Anything else you let him take the wound and roll his save and FNP. If you are not a risky player then you can always "Look Out, Sir!" anything that ignores armor too.

Corbulo does wonders with TH/SS termies and Divi SS Lib, in a front eating plasma like its nothing ... When bigger caliber occurs some guy behind him just jumps in a way with his SS. I am now using such a unit footslogin the centerfield, while jumpers gain 5+ cover behind them.

I've used him to shepherd a 10 man Terminator squad equiped with assault cannons.

They just spew out bolter shells and cannon shells at whatever as they trudge forward.

I would love for someone to clarify battle cannon hits. Corbulo is up front, so the imp guard player rolls 6 wounds.

Do I resolve them individually on corbulo? Basically look out sir'ing them all onto terminators who then make all their 2+ saves?

But yeah, back to the topic. Corbulo + termies is fun!

Do I resolve them individually on corbulo? Basically look out sir'ing them all onto terminators who then make all their 2+ saves?

Corbs has a diff save, so you will need to declare LoS before you resolve. You can do that one at a time.

So, battle cannon his the squad,

does 5 wounds,

roll LoS,

resolve,

roll LoS,

resolve

etc etc.

Hey guys,

James.

I tried using Corbulo in my Dante/jump heavy list. In order to make it work he was hanging with Sternguard, but I decided I really disliked that and wanted my shooty support more mobile (Storm RAvens and attack bikes!)

So Corbulo is out of that list.

But, I am working on a new list for non-Dante days. This will be a Tycho led list where Corbulo will either be with Terminators or Sternguard or possibly an Honor Guard.

James, your lists sound pretty similar to mine!

Also Tycho is probably THE boss now as he smacks down 2+ save enemies at initiative!

Archived