The Betrayed

Talthus

Howdy. So although I don't have the funds to start an army, I can still work on some fluff I've had kicking around. What follows is the background for the leader of the Betrayed, a Black Legion splinter warband id like to eventually model and play on the table top. Anyways on to the fluff!

Sargon the Ruin-Sage, sorcerer of the Betrayed.

A former sorcerer in the Black Legion, Sargon's star was rising with the Despoiler, with numerous victories in the name of the Warmaster. His rise was meteoric and did not go unnoticed by other sorcerers and leaders of warbands throughout the Black Legion. He was manipulated , along with those who followed him, into coming into conflict with another Black Legion warband. Abaddon turned a blind eye to the fierce battle that ensued, and Sargon's warband was decimated, a mere shadow of it's recent glory. Sargon was incensed by the Despoiler's sudden capricious attitude, and he gathered what remained of his warband and fled the Eye on a crippled strike cruiser, setting course for the Maelstrom. Upon arrival, Sargon and his brothers emerged changed, calling themselves the Betrayed. They fought alongside the Blood Reaver's forces for long enough to secure repairs to the newly christened "Animus Execrator" and what matériel and recruits could be gathered, before heading into the Imperium, vowing that should they come across the forces of Abaddon that they would have their revenge.

+++

Its a start. Obviously it could do with some editing and better writing, but I was hoping for some C+C. What do you guys think I should do with these guys? Should they happen upon some esoteric Chaos cult and swear binding oaths for power? I've got a soft spot for the color schemes of Hakanor's Reavers and the Brotherhood of Darkness so perhaps that can give you all some idea of which way I am leaning color wise. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Archived