DanteWing Tactica?

birdbath

Hi all,

I have been playing DanteWing for the past 2 years and wonder if a tactica would be worth writing to cover the changes and the basics of running such a force. Is it popular enough to warrent a full tactica like say the massive deathwing threads taking up 50% of the internet?

I would like to hear peoples thoughts on this before I turn my notes into somthing that people can engage with.

Cheers,

BB

The problem I have with Dante Wing armies is heavy fire support and not enough troops. Stormravens are great but too expensive, landspeeders are expensive and Devestator squads are too slow, not to mention I do like plasma cannons in dev squads which can't snap fire.

I also play games with points between 1500-1750.

Anything that can help in these areas would be greatly appreciated.

The problem I have with Dante Wing armies is heavy fire support and not enough troops. Stormravens are great but too expensive, landspeeders are expensive and Devestator squads are too slow, not to mention I do like plasma cannons in dev squads which can't snap fire.

I also play games with points between 1500-1750.

Anything that can help in these areas would be greatly appreciated.

Consider attack bikes for support.

My current Dante army runs 6 attack bikes and 2 Storm Ravens for shooty support.

But I also run mostly assault squads over Sanguinary Guard.

I would love to read a tactica from someone playing a more pure Dantewing list.

My current Dante army runs 6 attack bikes and 2 Storm Ravens for shooty support.

But I also run mostly assault squads over Sanguinary Guard.

Hey James,

I have never used bikes in any form in my Sanguinary Guard army but I see that bikes have got a lot better in 6th. My notes so far only stretch to 2 troop types (Sanguinary Guard and Scouts with Sniper Rifles).

I have been testing 4sq of sang guard supported with 3 LC-TLLC preds, but it was 5th ed...prehaps now they could work ok with baal preds, AC-LC preds.

4 squads is normaly my norm for a 1750pt game. not sure about the preds. I think for the moment storm ravens are vital because of the short range fire power of near all the models in a Sanguinary Guard army.

I have been testing 4sq of sang guard supported with 3 LC-TLLC preds, but it was 5th ed...prehaps now they could work ok with baal preds, AC-LC preds.

4 squads is normaly my norm for a 1750pt game. not sure about the preds. I think for the moment storm ravens are vital because of the short range fire power of near all the models in a Sanguinary Guard army.

How many points per Sanguinary Guard unit do you spend?

One 250 (banner)

rest 230

I got 3 types of configeration that I run nearly every game.

1) Dantes squad (priority No.1 killers) 3 infernos, powerfist and chapter banner. A unit for rippng the guts out of the best enemy model on the board.

2) Plas unit (elite troop killers) armed with 3/4 plasma pistols and a powerfist

3) Bog standard config. 1 inferno pistol and a powerfist. I always take 2 units of this config to keep the points down. I have taken 6 units of these guys in a 1750pt game.

Config 2 and 3 might have death masks depending on points left.

Dante wing is great fun. I run 3 SG, 230-250 pts is not an accurate cost though. I figure in the cost of at least 2 priests with the 3 SG, Priests are key here giving S5 on the charge. More importantly is the FNP to ensure you get a low model count SG unit to CC

I think I would take and HG with plasmaguns for some ranged punch - I love these guys! Or maybe some VV but it sort of takes away form the theme a little of pure DANTEwing (I also hate the nipple 'slur' lol), as I would try not to use too much in the way of power armour, libby's, priests.

Archived