DanteWing Tactica?

birdbath

I hate the use of the word nipple in this thread. I think the tactica I will make sure it is never used ;-)

I'll keep it to a minimum then :D When I first read reference to this type of force, that was the name used. Do you definitely feel "Dantewing" is a better, instantly recognisable name? "Master of the Host" is too much of a mouthful and could mean anything while a "Sang Guard Army" is too boring.

I'm currently building a Dante/Belial combo. The ultimate plan is:

Dante

SG, PF, 3xIP, Banner

SG, PF, 3xPlasma

SG, PF, 1xIP, 1xPlasma

Sang Priest x3, each with JP, MeltaBomb, and Power Weapon

Belial, TH/SS

DW Terms x2, 5xTH/SS, CML

Clocks in right at 1850. 5 squads of 2+ save scoring units, 2 squads with 3++. Each unit has AP 2 available. Dante rides with the 3xIP SG and a Priest. Everybody is deepstrike capable, so I have flexibility in deployment options. I might trade some weapon upgrades on the SG for a DW Apothocary for Belials unit, also might field the other unit of DW as Tactical Terminators (PF, SB, CML). IF I need to lower the point value, I pull a unit of SG and a Priest, then redistribute special weapon upgrades. If I need to up the value, I start looking at 4xPlasma HG squad, Attack Bikes, Scouts, etc.

50% reserves limit is not a problem its change in the Blood Angels tactics thats all nothing else, of all the PA codexs BA have been impacted significantly by 6th ed. The emperor giveth and he taketh but overall he has been generous to us :devil: why would I not want you to shoot at my AV2 guys with FNP and a magic man that shrouds them? while other things are on the move. Who else gets flying terminators? no-one. Sanguinary guard and DC are awesome, let other lesser marines cower in their bawkses we are Blood Angels

Who else gets flying terminators? no-one.

now that is what it boils down to... The way they move around the board with that armor is unique and that is one of the biggest assest they have.that combined with a priest is all the protection you need.

The problem is that the SG cannot all stay in reserve anymore.

Yes, I know. That's where the tactical flexibility of being able to reserve any of your units, or none of them, or up to half comes in to play. If I reserve a SG unit and a DW unit, I guarantee the DW unit comes into play on turn 1 (DW assault, 1/2 of 1, rounded up, is still 1). Same if all I reserve is a DW unit. If I reserve SG units, I re-roll failed reserve checks, and have more accurate deepstrike.. If I reserve Dante and the 3 IPs, I accurately deepstrike 4 IPs into my opponents back field, or right next a unit about to be hammernator assaulted to soften it up. All sorts of fun shenanigans.

I understand I am giving up the mobility of SG for the toughness of DW. And I'm not sure (yet) if it's worth it. But it is worth a try.

I'll keep it to a minimum then ;) When I first read reference to this type of force, that was the name used. Do you definitely feel "Dantewing" is a better, instantly recognisable name? "Master of the Host" is too much of a mouthful and could mean anything while a "Sang Guard Army" is too boring.

What about GoldWing?

I'll keep it to a minimum then ;) When I first read reference to this type of force, that was the name used. Do you definitely feel "Dantewing" is a better, instantly recognisable name? "Master of the Host" is too much of a mouthful and could mean anything while a "Sang Guard Army" is too boring.

What about GoldWing?

Goldwing... Probably a better name for a bike army.

My 5th ed list was heavy with RAS, MM attack bikes, a x4 melta and x2 flamer HG, and Dante. Would this be considered a Dantewing?

Yes and no...

If your talking in the strictest sense no because everything in the army needs to have wings. that is my take on it anyways. But tbh this is not always viable so as long as you have dante and a unit of sang guard I think your fine.

Just a quick one...

I am almost done with the first draft but I was wondering if anyone had any requests at all so people can get more worth out of this tactica?

This is the table of contence at the moment:

1) Grey rules after the faqs

2) Top 6 rules to boost DanteWing in 6th

3) Unit Breakdown

4) The list I use

5) Understanding the list

6) Strengths and weaknesses of the list

7) Playing the list

8) Expanding on the list

9) Conclusion

Cheers,

BB

Hey there,

Not sure if you're already covering this in any of your sections, but would you be able to include some experiences (just briefly would be fine) of playing different armies and what problems you have had with them. If you don't have time for that I totally understand, I just thought it would be good to have your experiences added on the matter :lol:

James.

I'm currently building a Dante/Belial combo. The ultimate plan is:

Dante

SG, PF, 3xIP, Banner

SG, PF, 3xPlasma

SG, PF, 1xIP, 1xPlasma

Sang Priest x3, each with JP, MeltaBomb, and Power Weapon

Belial, TH/SS

DW Terms x2, 5xTH/SS, CML

Clocks in right at 1850. 5 squads of 2+ save scoring units, 2 squads with 3++. Each unit has AP 2 available. Dante rides with the 3xIP SG and a Priest. Everybody is deepstrike capable, so I have flexibility in deployment options. I might trade some weapon upgrades on the SG for a DW Apothocary for Belials unit, also might field the other unit of DW as Tactical Terminators (PF, SB, CML). IF I need to lower the point value, I pull a unit of SG and a Priest, then redistribute special weapon upgrades. If I need to up the value, I start looking at 4xPlasma HG squad, Attack Bikes, Scouts, etc.

Nice work! My over-the-top bling list is Dante, 15 Sanguinary Guard, Draigo and 10 Paladins. I may throw one Priest in there to help with Plasma, but he's only got a 3+...

I'd like to work in a Dread Knight, or a GK Librarian to get Prescience

This would be great read. After we are one of the few armies than can feild sub-army list. I have plans to build a pure DC army and pure wing army.

My question would be would it but worth it to put the Sangnator ( I think I spell that wrong).

After all if you flow the fluff he is the one that blessed Dante. He is very heavy on points, so that is Negtive. But after all 2+/3++ and the amount of attacks he could own just about anything out there. So dose any one have any experience with the model? I haven't seen it come out in many list.

And some one said it before but there basically flying termanators.

Deadly and fragile.

This would be great read. After we are one of the few armies than can feild sub-army list. I have plans to build a pure DC army and pure wing army.

My question would be would it but worth it to put the Sangnator ( I think I spell that wrong).

After all if you flow the fluff he is the one that blessed Dante. He is very heavy on points, so that is Negtive. But after all 2+/3++ and the amount of attacks he could own just about anything out there. So dose any one have any experience with the model? I haven't seen it come out in many list.

And some one said it before but there basically flying termanators.

Deadly and fragile.

Sanguinor loses a lot of value in an army without Sergeants. You could add a Terminator squad to get an amazing Dual LC Sergeant, but then points are getting ridiculous

I was actually toying with the idear of lc term, in a raven with Dante and sanguantor, but that's 900 points right there. And at 1850 not much left to build with. But I may just feild it once for fun, as a 1st company assault list.

But you are rigjt his main bost is for sgt, another idea of mine was to build a honor guard and with all ss/lc or similar power weapons and give the boost to him. ( off topic but can we model units a power lance or is that a set upgrade for some models)

I have been testing 4sq of sang guard supported with 3 LC-TLLC preds, but it was 5th ed...prehaps now they could work ok with baal preds, AC-LC preds.

From a Deathwing perspective, AC-LC Pred was preferred for fire support in 5th, and though perhaps still pending more play testing, appears to be good for 6th for now too. Many people are also using Typhoons (but ours are only 75 pts.)

If the points are available I'd say at least take an Apothecary for one of the squads of DW allies (if not the banner as well).

Hey there,

Not sure if you're already covering this in any of your sections, but would you be able to include some experiences (just briefly would be fine) of playing different armies and what problems you have had with them. If you don't have time for that I totally understand, I just thought it would be good to have your experiences added on the matter :angry:

James.

Very polite indeed James. I don't have experience with every army but I will give you a run down of the armies I have played in 6th.

@shaun03

Sure, The Sanguinor is in the tactica for old times sake but he have taken a turn for the worse in 6th.

Archived