Khan Bikers and 6th Ed reserves

Martok

Hi guys,

So I just realised that you can only reserve half of your army in 6th edition. This means that an all biker outflanking Khan list is no longer all outflanking.

How exactly does this work? If Khan attaches to a unit does that unit count as one for reserves purposes? Also do Storm Talons attached to one of the units count as one for reserves?

Basically if I have the following units which can reserve?

Khan

Command squad on bikes

2 x Scout squads

2 x bike squads

1 x attack bikes

2 x storm talons

I think I may have to drop the attack bikes for a thunderfire or something and maybe increase the bike squad sizes to remove the amount of units i need to put into reserve...

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Martok13

Well, the 2 Storm Talons always go into reserve and don't count towards the Reserves limit, so of the remaining seven you can reserve four more. Unless Khan is joining a unit, in which case you'd have six units (for the purposes of reserves) and three of these units can be placed into reserves. I think that's correct...

Well, the 2 Storm Talons always go into reserve and don't count towards the Reserves limit, so of the remaining seven you can reserve four more. Unless Khan is joining a unit, in which case you'd have six units (for the purposes of reserves) and three of these units can be placed into reserves. I think that's correct...

ICs count as a seperate unit for purposes of how many units can be put into Reserves.

So, 7 units, 4 can go into Reserve.

EDIT: If Khan joins a unit in Reserve, you roll once for the entire unit with Khan, not one for each.

Ok great,

Thanks for the clarification guys. Looks like I will need to amend the list somewhat to accommodate. I think first off I shall split the attack bikes and add them to the bike squads and then replace the command squad with some more appropriate support for the scouts to deploy on the board...

-Martok13

ICs count as a seperate unit for purposes of how many units can be put into Reserves.

So, 7 units, 4 can go into Reserve.

EDIT: If Khan joins a unit in Reserve, you roll once for the entire unit with Khan, not one for each.

That's what I was remembering - thanks for the clarification.

Archived