Best StormRaven weapon loadout for 6th?

Bit of a vacuum question, matey.

The answer depends on two things in my mind,

1. Who/what type of list do you fight primarily

2. What else is in your list.

Personally I need all the double S, AP2 I can get so I almost always roll with TLLC and TLMM. The ability to now zoom on and MM in FACE is really, really, really good.

Plasmacannons are cool, but depends on your local area meta - i much prefer having a reliable High S weapon to snipe secondary targets. Usually I will unload the MM and 2x BS missiles at target one, and then snipe target 2 with the Las.

Its great for busting stuff out of transports.

Alternatively if you have a lot of 2+ in the area you may want to consider the plascan.

Alternatively still if you're looking for more all rounded approach, and/or you deal with Horde, then the TLAC is a decent pic.

Yeah, I played my first game of 6th last night with my Stormraven and it performed MUCH better than in 5th. In fact it lasted the entire game (gasp!). We played the Relic mission with the long board deployment and 2nd turn it came in from reserves. I zoomed it about 20 inches fired 4 shots and then the next turn i Hovered and dropped of my Assault Terminators on the central objective. It just flew around afterwards alternating between zoom mode and hover mode once I destroyed most of his antimech.

Weapons wise I had the TL MultiMelta and Lascannon. I like it as an antimech gunboat.

It is now possible to equip them with hurricane bolters as well :P

Wasn't that always an option for us?

Anyway, thanks guys... I like the idea of Anti-mech ...but it looks almost like my meta is moving _away_ from mech. I guess the new transport rules are making folks scared but we'll see how it pans out.

I run mine with twinlinked plasma cannons and typhoon rockets.

It's great when I come in from reserves, take out two large targets with bloodstrike missles and krak rockets or blast a hole in an infantry squad with the twin linked plasma cannon.

I've kept the Assault Cannons and have a Multi-melta on the front. The Flyer rules make is easy to be in double-dice range on the melta and the assault cannon has an almost 360 degree firing arc so can shoot at anything else nearly that deserves killing.

Archived