Destroyed Transport Vehicle

I'm not saying "explodes" doesn't meet it.

I'm merely saying it doesn't need to if one of the results already validates the rule.

Does that make sense? ...no ..really.... does it??

You are correct that in saying that Wrecked validates Destroyed. And you're correct in saying Explodes is not needed to validate Destroyed. But Explodes exists and it to can validate Destroyed because it exists (and fits the definition of 'destroyed').

For example, a sparrow validates the existence of birds. No other birds are necessary to validate that existence and if only a sparrow existed then birds would be sufficiently validated. However, other birds do exist and they too can validate the existence of birds because they fit the definition of what a bird is. Just because sparrow validates does not mean other birds cannot validate.

The way I see you guys arguing it is that the "forced to disembark" circle is as big as the "destroyed" circle, which is not what I think the rule is saying at all.

Can you let me know where i'm going wrong?

"However, they can embark and then be forced to disembark if their Transport is destroyed." This is a conditional statement. It states, "if their transport is destroyed, then they are forced to disembark." If you fulfill the "if", the "then" must follow. That means that when a transport is destroyed, occupants must disembark. And that means the two circles are definitely the same size.

Dunc, I see the issue.

The way I am reading the if/then is:

"If their transport is destroyed, then they can be forced to disembark.." which as you can see lines up with what im saying.

edit: as opposed to "then they are forced..." which is what you were reading it as.

More fuel for the fire perhaps: "...if a Transport is destroyed by a shooting attack, any unit that shot it that turn can, if allowed, charge the now disembarked passengers." (pg. 80, Effects of damage on Passengers, last paragraph before Flyers) (emphasis mine)

• 3 weeks later...

BOOM. Fixed. (I'd like to think thanks to me for bringing to their attention directly) ;)

Page 426 – The Game Summary, Transport Vehicles and Their

Passengers, Explodes (Other Effects).

Change the entry to read “The unit takes a number of Strength

4 AP – hits equal to the number of models in the unit.

Surviving passengers are placed where the vehicle used to be

and must take a Pinning test.”

Archived