The Wargamer's Tale

Hello.

My name is Gaetano and I never seem to finish building my army model projects.

Oh, I have built many armies. I get a bunch of miniatures, glue them together, splash some paint on... and end up getting distracted by the next shiny thing that comes along that I suddenly "need" to purchase.

I started wargaming in 1997 when I happened upon a Games Workshop store in my local mall. Looking at the many boxes of models begun and then left to collect dust, I have grown dismayed. The line must be drawn here. This far, no further. Thus, my reason for beginning this thread [note: on the lucky day of Friday the 13th too!]. This thread is here to help me build my armies.

It also draws inspiration from the Tale of Four Gamers articles, which run in White Dwarf magazine. Basically, the gamers have a budget each month to purchase models, build, paint, and then play with them. Over several months, they have a full-size army to show for their efforts as well as the experience of using it on the battlefield. My goal is the same: purchase, build, paint, and play. I have cleared my workbench and will be starting with a clean slate.

As fortune would have it, my decision to begin coincides with the release of the new 6th edition of Warhammer 40000. Rustling a copy of the latest Space Marine Codex from its slumber and downloading the Space Marines Official Update for 6th Edition from GW, I am ready to get started.

For my first project, I have decided to build a Crimson Fist Battle Company. The general theme for it can be found in this post on the Index Astartes board.

The next thing I need are the models themselves. In order to play, I need to buy the minimum requirement for a legal game: One Headquarters (commander) choice and two Troops (infantry) choices. The Troops choices can be accomplished with one box of tactical marines: Tactical squads can be 5 marines strong and a box of tactical marines has 10 marines.

There will be photographs here and army lists posted on the appropriate B&C boards, there may be [minimal] ranting if things go wrong. I will do my best not to digress into entirely unrelated subjects. Once I have finished this project, I will continue the thread with one of my next goals. Everything from Space Marines to... well, here at the B&C, more Space Marines!

That's all for now folks.

Ciao!

Archangel

Archived