The Experior Hosts

Siyanis

We'll see! The Screaming Goat, as does the tank, carries special significance. Some of the Host are little shrines to all the peeps who lost their jobs with me back in April. This one, to AGENT PATTERSON, shamefully cut down at the same battle as Eisenhower, etc. 

We had an insane boss, you see. Out of his mind. One day, Agent Patterson was enjoying the Screaming Goats video. This video:

I swear our insane boss came out of his office, closed the distance like a machine and freaked right out. The sound of these goats, like, peeled his vineer. He lost his mind, threw a fit right there, as if he were genuinely offended. Like, eleven people work for this man. And we're all in this center office watching him Triple-utlra explain his revulsion. 

I knew then that screaming goats were but another tool of The Emperor, to expose chaos nestled in their midst.

I was sitting here last wednesday, had my tablet in hand and expecting a bit of gonzo that would rival the 70's dazzle livery I'd already commited and the inspiration for the doodle just flew through my stylus. A miracle? Nay, but a shred of His noble clarity of vision. Truly the day of the king of all kings, day once pledged to Odin. Hump Day. Of Destiny. 

Emperor be praised. Screaming Goats.

I thought it'd be nice to try a different sort of spotlamp color. Wouldn't it be slick if the lamp could dial in to specific frequencies of light that offer the most illumination for the forces of the Emperor whilst staying in the range of frequency that the enemy cannot see? Or, to illustrate it's tactical flexibility it could also be set to unleash beams of frequencies blinding to the enemy whilst undetectable by the home team?

Anyway, it wasn't nice. But I think it came out cooooool!

gallery_67859_8750_75188.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Still workin' at it. The tanks has got the sort of battle wear and boron deterioration that says 'I was near nukes forever and a day' but that's not the point of this update.

The Experior Host is a fundamentally different sort of chapter, and one of the ancillary benefits of these differences is the way the citizens of the Expar Coil become involved, invested, and ultimately put themselves on the front line. Especially for vehicles and squadrons who's renown is partially the result of, or of benefit to a local community, it is accepted courtesy to leave elements of their livery, their battle honors, banners and even prior oaths of moment in the hands of these locals who revere both the artifacts themselves, and the tremendous burden their proximity represents.

Indeed, for some vehicles of an abstract tactical role, centuries pass and generations tumble from one to another. To another. There is no doubt that the local communities who vouchsafe these staggeringly irreplaceable banners and baubles will dispatch pilgrims, carrying their burdens in red-stained wood boxes over pomp and confetti-covered streets all the way to the Experior Host Armories should their patron material be called to action. These items are used regularly by priests and missionaries, creating an expectation that endures beyond the span of a single life.

While precision landings by Thunderhawk and Stormraven have shortened the once weeks-long pilgrim marches, this only further strengthens faith in the zealous and seals in concrete their essential place within the function of the Experior Host within the Expar Coil and the Host's function as a part of the Imperium at large.

Brothers, I ask that you lower yourself to gaze upon this mere mortal.

Her name is Pintle, from the manufacturing village of Smoothbore on the banks of the Bore delta network. Her story is long and the tale of her tiny manufactorum village is twisted and complex. So we'll skip it.

gallery_67859_8750_38968.jpg

She -is- the Storm Bolter. I'm sorry for the crap drawing, i only had an hour and wanted my wife's opinion before I started chopping up ancient pewter. I think this one is a 'GO'.

Hello! I'm glad that the Experior Host has been so well received thus-far and I do look forward to continued positive energy. I -did- just read through the 'chapter creation rules' provided here on B&C, and I'm happy to report I'll be breaking/bending/disregarding at least 30% of these very good, very well researched suggested regulations.

I've also recovered some great graphics regarding the Expar System's planetary make-up.

My only solace being that my over twenty years of reading every novel and a library containing every Imperial Codex ever published, hunting hard for even the most fleeting account of exposure to the God Emperor, has given me a glint of insight into the truth of the Expar Coil and my due task to bring it's denizens to life correctly.

For now, enough self-bracing! Let's have a look at Pintle, who's really coming along in time for TANKSGIVING at my local GW shop (later today! *ulp!*) Let's pretend that the incident where she toppled off the tank and broke into bits (as well as the tank!) never happened. Sorry for the glare. (Painting Light is heckabright.)

gallery_67859_8750_104891.jpg

Parts:

Knight Errant 'sergeant' back banner.

Deathwing kit big goofy wings & roundy-top Storm Bolter

Classic Stormtrooper Sergeant metal backpack

1 (one) House Escher Heavy

Empire Wizard right-side hand-less robe.

Venerable Dreadnought Laurel Plate

Empire State Troops flourished halberd w/ left hand.

Space Marine Scout Sniper right hand (holding pistol grip)

+ 3mm long piece of plastic tube (to marry Knight back banner w/ mechanicus head to halberd)

WHOO! Grind grind grind! *back to work!*

• 2 weeks later...

Had to put aside paints and glory and make ready for merriment. Then the merriment ensued and was concluded. There was much rejoicing. Also, more foreshadowing. Whilst searching for the head of my Imperator Titan (found it) I came across some purple-bespoke time capsules. It's a big pic, so I'll link to the Gallery.

Look, it's my history!

I do believe the turret of my very first painted tank shall be lovingly stripped and reclaimed for the Host.  I'm looking forward to building a Stronos with it's noble bits. 

It'll look keen, promise.

Same here! Also, maybe this is a bit of being too susceptible to the powers wot be, but I've been reading all those WD painting articles, all the paint education books and they all say the same thing: You need to start with your rank and file and treat yourself to a bigger bit of kit once you've earned it. Sticking to this rule -has- led to a mighty motorpool of unpainted tanks, but at the same time it protects me from dedicating too much hardware to a concept that doesn't really have legs. 

At this point, there's many razorbacks, a vindicator and at least two land raiders that 'apparently were a part of the Experior Host all along', heh. Heheheh *gollum* hehehehe.

Archived