New to Dark Angels

undeadfilth

Define "any good". Any good for having fun? Any good for winning all games? Any good to give a decent fight to the enemy?

What are you looking for?

Ravenwing is not an easy army to master but you can have a good time with it. It got better in 6th ed,but it's not a top tier army and you'll always be fighting an uphill battle. For armament and general army list, check out the DA army list section, you'll see that most armies are the same with some variations due to either personal taste or local metageme.

Any good meaning, fun and competitive. I would think tons of bikes running around and snagging objectives would be nice. Plus, with jink you have 3+ armor and a 4+ cover at all times. Nice to me:P Stick some plasmas in there and have fun, right?

I prefer him in his speeder to be honest (Btw do we have a hull points number on that or not?) but the jetbike model is just too epic not to have.

Ravenwing lists can range from fun to competitive to borderline brutal.Depends on the compliment really.

A pure ravenwing force (aka bikes and speeders) can go only that far. When you start to add some vidicators or go the death/raven route thats were the second company shines.

Speeder only has 2 hull points though... Plus no plasma cannon:P

twin linked heavy bolter and assault cannon plus av 14 except from the rear and his melee attacks.

And you want to trade for a single pie plate? :P

Ok, I might have missed something, but since when can Sammael melee while in the Landspeeder?

Speeder only has 2 hull points though... Plus no plasma cannon:P

twin linked heavy bolter and assault cannon plus av 14 except from the rear and his melee attacks.

And you want to trade for a single pie plate? :)

Ok, I might have missed something, but since when can Sammael melee while in the Landspeeder?

Eh? What?

:Tries futile to edit his previous post before anyone reads it and fails.

Blame speed writing.

Ravenwing is not an easy army to master but you can have a good time with it. It got better in 6th ed,but it's not a top tier army and you'll always be fighting an uphill battle. For armament and general army list, check out the DA army list section, you'll see that most armies are the same with some variations due to either personal taste or local metageme.

Chaplain Lucifer sums it up nicely I think.

RW Bikes have got a bit better in 6th, speeders maybe not so good – that would be my take. So I'd load up with bikes and Attack bikes and maybe think of Predators as fire support – so not strictly a 'pure' RW force. Sammy, jetbike is still the best option in my book as he's just more versatile in that mode.

Archived