Astorath and the Sanguinor

Midnightmare

Hi guys, heres a thing – I have built my Chapter Master to be represented by either Astorath or the Sanguinor in game as they are very similar models with load outs. Mine is equipped with a Glaive Encarmine (axe version) but with all the furore over WYSIWYG (especially regarding the Sangy with an axe), would I be cool to run my mini with a sword as Asty no longer needs an axe, being just an unusual power weapon with its own special rules. It will basically be a relic blade that re-rolls invun I suppose, and would kind of justify why it is AP3.

I am going to be painting him soon and I want the one mini to cover both dudes y’see, as I doubt very much I will ever include them both!!

Cheers :D

That'll do me, thanks guys. My group is pretty easy going over counts as, its just when I venture further afield. Ironically the sword I am planning on using (converted from a blood letter) is my Dante's at the moment, but he will be getting an axe converted from Astorath's :)

do check the post at the top about the sanguinor and Dante etc for the rules on thier weapons:)

Aye I have seen it, but since it is sooooo hottly debated, I thought I would swap my 'counts as' dudes to be as close to the official dudes as possible, seeing as most aren't painted yet is is not too much trouble. GW rulings over the phone/email may not hold weight with some people :P

As an aside, I know that the Sangy is AP3 but imagine him with an Axe at AP2; I1 I know but he has EW and is basically a flying Terminator with a Storm Shield. As he is now he kind of suffers against 2+ save HQ's - he is supposed to be the HQ assassin!

Archived