Painting advice

Sviar

Hello fellow Angels

My termis does not look that simililar to the ones in our Codex. Bleached bone has a very yellow glow to it. I am going to repaint my old DW. How do you paint your termis? I could really need some advice.

I did mine in the Old GW colors. Bleach Bone washed in Gryphon Sepia - I don't do highlight as my hands aren't very steady. Looks good for Table Top.

Paul

Use a brown foundation.

I do the following procedure on mine:

Black undercoat

Khemri brown foundation (old foundation paint might check the new that corelates)

spray bonewhite army painter primer

Now if you want it to look exactly like it looks at the codex photos use gryphone sephia.

If you want it to look like this: http://www.google.gr/imgres?q=deathwing+te...r:4,s:335,i:172

you can go 2 ways depending on how brooding you want it to be

Either delvan mud them (yeah yeah they changed names on washes too i know)

or live him as is.

Be light on the washes and post a pic!

Sviar, I did some discussion on painting bone in this thread: Comparison of New to Old Paints

It doesn't show a lot of large bone areas, but I think it could definitely help you out some. I didn't specifically discuss painting Deathwing, but hopefully the principles/layers would still apply. Let me know if you have any questions, I'd be more than happy to try and answer them.

Hi.

If of any advice, you do not need to paint your terminators exactly the way GW has painted them as of 2012. They were all-white anyway back then.

But if you still want to, the Fraters have posted very good advices and more have to come I bet.

Cheers.

Vallejo Game Color is what I use, its 1-prime black, 2-VGC Earth, 3-VGC Khaki, 4-VGC-Bone White. Its not EXACTLY GW bleached bone but its real close and I think It covers better, Also check this guy out
I think he is phenominal and I use his technique as often (albeit poorly) as I can :rolleyes:

I used these vids

They were very helpful for me.

I second Mr. Bursley's videos - though I actually prefer

video. My army is AoA and personally I think the DW termies look better with this paintjob. Very similar but better colors (imo).

Good luck man!

I got home after a hard day at work, and I had a advices, videos and links to go through, so thank you all so very much. I am currently thinking of trying a couple of ideas, and even though I am not near the level the pros are on, I might post some pictures when I am done.

Archived