Idea for dealing with 2+

John_f

So I was reading that GK batrep that Mort posted and I started thinking about how my list didn't really have anything that could deal with 2+ armour. So I started thinking about plasma and then it came to me; Plasma Sternguard in pod! The pod is a very reliable delivery system and 6 sterguard with plasma/combiplasma could output 12 shots at ap 2 turn one. Add a libby with Null zone (or do you cast Null zone at the beginning of your movement phase?) and you got yourself some nice firepower.

Are there other ways of dealing with 2+ saves? Sangunary guards with axes?

Plasma sternguard would benefit greatly from having an attached priest to soak up the gets hot rolls even more (especially if you start firing vengeance rounds as well). Null zone states "start of shooting phase" so you're good on that score. Sangy guard's glaives encarmine are apparently "unusual power weapons" as per the reply JamesI got from his email to GW, so they'll be S4 AP3, the whole time, S5 on the charge. Other ways would be a furioso with fists (goes faster than things that worry it, just make sure the numbers are in your favour). Vindicators are never bad at this either with a no armour, no feel no pain pie plate, but it will be priority number one, or just sheer weight of fire since they have to roll 1s sooner or later (apparently...in my experience it never works like this- they're indestructible for 4 turns then you get a frag missile that drops 4 terminators in one go).

Plain DC with Prescience should work quite well. Drown them in rerolling, rapidfiring bolters and a ton of attacks and they should go down no problem. DC dreads with fists are also quite nice now, with 6 attacks on the charge.

You might also want to consider honor guard, they have their free sanguinary priest and 4 plasma guns.

I'm running a full plasma Honour Guard as a retinue for a Terminator Librarian with Prescience. They just stroll about kiting things then moving in to rapid fire range for the kill.

why term armour on the libby ?

The Libby has a better save and he adds utility to the squad as well. Prescience and Smite are amazing "default" powers and both add utility to the squad he's with. Also I've played 4 games so far and only lost him once.

2 options to beat 2+ saves

Option 1

Death company without upgrades and a chappy. with 10 DC thats 50 attacks with rerolls on hits and wounds. Even at T6 2+ not much in the game can survive that... I'm probably going to put 1 or 2 power axes in my death company aswell just incase anyone has noticed from previous posts... I hate terminators.

Option 2

Lots and lots of AP2 shots. I personally don't rate MLs as good as they use to be. Try and avoid AP 3 weaponry now imo, take all weapons as AP 1/2 or as assault cannons.

i like using

7 devastator marines with 3 lascannons 197pts

blood angels lascannons are 10pts cheaper than standard marines :tu:

Would you consider dropping 1 las in favour of 2 ML generally speaking, or are you talking specifically for dealing with AP2?

@morticon

Would you consider dropping 1 las in favour of 2 ML generally speaking, or are you talking specifically for dealing with AP2?

i'd keep the lascannon there are many other things that can take out meq armour, this unit is ment to take out terminators

Archived